Skip to content

Darkness over Daggerford: What's going on here?

2»

Comments

• AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    DoD wasnt made by a guy in his basement it was made by a professional game studio. Thats the difference.
  • BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    Aaezil said:

DoD wasnt made by a guy in his basement it was made by a professional game studio. Thats the difference.

Hey now. Rogueknight's Swordflight saga is far larger/bigger than DoD and he's a guy in his basement. Hell, his stuff is more polished than a lot of triple A games.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Aaezil said:

i know it may not be your intention but it sounds like your saying that all custom content is not as good as professionally made stuff. which is hardly true alot of the custom modules are as good if not better then official content.
  • Awas73Awas73 Member Posts: 63
    Just my 2 cents if it is worth anything. I say give them the money. They originally worked hard on the product and was denied I am sure some initial compensation for doing the original module for Atari. Now they have a chance to get something out of all their hard work plus they updated it. I am all for it. personally and was happy to pay money for it. I could be wrong but I think the $9.99 price is less than what Atari would have probably charged for it originally. Again for what it is worth I do see both sides however.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    dod was worth the money i payed for it during the autem sale [ 3 bucks].
  • Night76Night76 Member Posts: 45
    I had played the free version at the time. Now I have tried the EE version. You guys have outdone yourself a true masterpiece that is worth all your money. Maybe an expansion with some new area to explore with some secondary quests wouldn't be bad: P
  • Pixel_MayhemPixel_Mayhem Member Posts: 61
    Having made two modules now all by myself I can appreciate how much work goes into these so yeah... If they want to charge $10 for it then more power to them. I'll still would have bought it anyway and what do you know I did :D
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    I still have yet to play the EE version... just need the right character.
  • TimGTimG Member Posts: 5
    worth every penny...
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    edited February 2021
    TimG wrote: »
    worth every penny...

Really? I think they did better. Dark Dreams of Furiae was a step in a better direction. It may not have had the length or even have been as successful, but it was something new AND original. I can still download a mod, thank you.

Totally not saying the production wasn't done in a professional capacity, but I like completely new modules the best.

Also, I own the game, SO really wish that someone would not revive the post a year later. Okay?

This discussion has been closed.