Skip to content

How to edit Baldur.lua on IOS

CruelIntentionsCruelIntentions Member Posts: 10
I'm trying to edit the Baldur.lua or ini on an IPad so that I can enable 'Show AOE' and 'Cleric Ranger Spells', but I'm not quite sure how to do this. In ITunes Icewind Dale is listed under file sharing, so I transfered the Baldur.lua from a pc installation of the game. I doubt however that this in itself has successfully replaced the Baldur.lua file on the IPad.

I'm also wondering about mods in multiplayer. I'm using an increased movement speed mod and rogue rebalancing on my pc and interestingly enough, the IPad also benefits from increased movement speed even though it doesnt have any mods installed. Does this mean that the host only needs mods?

Thanks.
Post edited by CruelIntentions on

Comments

• oneneoenooneneoeno Member Posts: 1
    This is a bit of a necro, and the op had probably long since solved this problem or given up, but since this post was never answered, but is coming up top of the Google rankings for "baldur.lua"+"ios", I thought it might be helpful to answer it.

Disclaimer : I'm a total newb at modding, so there may well be easier ways of doing this.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to directly change baldur.lua in ios. It's created after installation, so the usual method of accessing the game's folder structure (download a copy to a pc using an older version of itunes) doesn't give you access to it. Furthermore, if you use a copy of baldurs.lua from the pc version of the game, there doesn't seem to be a way to get it to the right place in ios, dumping it in the override folder via the zip, rename and email trick doesn't seem to work.

However, it does appear to be possible to write a mod that puts additional controls in the options ui, and have the controls modify the buldur.lua file directly. Now, I haven't the faintest idea how to do that myself, but there are one or 2 mods that do it already. I've found that Argent77's Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options mod to work for me: https://github.com/Argent77/A7-HiddenGameplayOptions/releases/latest

Both the changes requested by the op are handled by the mod, along with many other options.

Note that you need to install the mod as you would any other mod on ios, per the instructions at https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66644/how-to-install-mods-on-ios-devices-no-jailbreak
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @oneneoeno

I'd like to point out a couple of things:
    1) "Show AOE" is pretty useless since there's no pointer on an iPad.
    2) My method of installing mods on iOS isn't currently working on IWD:EE (this will hopefully be fixed when the 2.6 patch drops....)