Skip to content

[MOD] Skin for IWD1 EE/ BG1 EE/ BG2 EE

2»

Comments

• hanhwisoohanhwisoo Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2019
    Thankyou for you fantastic work, but it seems that there are shadows around DIABLO's hands when casting spell :'( Any one know how to fix it?

technically can fix it, but it's impossible. Because....
    q6tafnyxq8ot.bmp

shadows around DIABLO's hand is drawn on the sprite. hundreds of pictures have to be corrected. It takes a lot of work.
    Post edited by hanhwisoo on
  • imp51096454imp51096454 Member Posts: 53
    Thankyou,hanhwisoo!
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    If you want Diablo 2 animations with shadows, please wait for this. ;)
  • MasterteoMasterteo Member Posts: 111
    Gwendolyne wrote: »

Very interesting! Even if the lack of english on the websites makes things very difficult to understand.

For a project so ambitious, the modder should consider creating also a page in english.

Else, it will be a mod known only to french people. Because yes, they say that mod will be in english too.

But if the updates are written in french, how are we going to know when the mod will be ready or progress in general?
    Sorry, I forgot to post the link to the English WIP readme file.
  • MasterteoMasterteo Member Posts: 111
    Seems a very well made, ambitious mod with a huge potential. I'm glad that there are still people willing to improve this beautiful game.

Anyway, if only we could recruit one of those succubus monsters (one based on the top one with the wings, for example) as a companion character it would be the top for me.

I may be melodramatic, but i like the whole " Taking care of an evil character and see if you could make him/her become good or at least not completely evil.)

It's good roleplay material.
    edited August 2019

Diablo 2 animations with shadow! This is amazing! How did They do it? So great!!
    edited August 2019
    A few years ago, I worked with a now retired Diablo II modder who wanted to port BG2 creatures animations to Diablo II. We decided to work together and to auto-reverse the process. The main result of this collaboration was a utility tool that allows to load Diablo II animations; select what kind of shadow to apply; then save all frames in bmp format. In the meantime, I explained Argent77 what functions were needed by the NI bam converter tool to easily create creatures animations. After a few months, Argent77 released his brand new BAM converter and that's it... I could easily port most of Diablo II animations to BG2 (they are already registered in Infinity Animations database). ;)

Unfortunately, my fellow modder never decided to release his tool and I must be the only one to use it. As I respect our deal, I can't share it. But if you need Diablo II animations with shadows, feel free to ask : either I already ported them, or I can dig up the tool from its archive and provide you with the frames with shadows. You will only have to create their bam files.
    A few years ago, I worked with a now retired Diablo II modder who wanted to port BG2 creatures animations to Diablo II. We decided to work together and to auto-reverse the process. The main result of this collaboration was a utility tool that allows to load Diablo II animations; select what kind of shadow to apply; then save all frames in bmp format. In the meantime, I explained Argent77 what functions were needed by the NI bam converter tool to easily create creatures animations. After a few months, Argent77 released his brand new BAM converter and that's it... I could easily port most of Diablo II animations to BG2 (they are already registered in Infinity Animations database). ;)

Unfortunately, my fellow modder never decided to release his tool and I must be the only one to use it. As I respect our deal, I can't share it. But if you need Diablo II animations with shadows, feel free to ask : either I already ported them, or I can dig up the tool from its archive and provide you with the frames with shadows. You will only have to create their bam files.

(my fellow modder never decided to release his tool (...) As I respect our deal, I can't share it.) I understand ?. Anyway, you and your team is amazing! Can you share Diablo's bam file? I mean, diablo bam files with shadows. I would be very happy if you shared that bam file.
    No problem.

I will PM you the bam files. I also need to check my external HD to find where I stored the raw bmp files. You might need them if you want to modify the animation actions. For this purpose, I will also give you the accurate [X.Y] coordinates that fit the frames. Don't worry, I included an option to the utility tool that provides the same coordinates for all frames, in order to make the bams creation process easier. ;)
    edited August 2019
    Wow! your very kind and generous. i'm so grateful! o:)
  • Seth_DivineSeth_Divine Member Posts: 16
    This Is Just Amazin'. Now We Need A New Mod Incorporating All These. Maybe Bhaalspawns Invade Tristam. Hmmmmmm. P:
  • SlaaneshSlaanesh Member Posts: 1
    im tried to use this mod with BWP(subzero) & IWD2, and have error "an assertion failed in objAnimation.cpp at line number 22720(BWP)".
    Slaanesh wrote: »
    im tried to use this mod with BWP(subzero) & IWD2, and have error "an assertion failed in objAnimation.cpp at line number 22720(BWP)".

I'm sorry for the late reply. :'(
    This file only applies in EE. so, It does not work on IWD2. sorry..
  • John_BarleycornJohn_Barleycorn Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2019
    hanhwisoo wrote: »
    Slaanesh wrote: »

I'm sorry for the late reply. :'(
    This file only applies in EE. so, It does not work on IWD2. sorry..

You can apply to IWD2, sure, you have to swap a vanilla animation, of course. Not the most appealing option i'm afraid, but as far as i know, the only working one. I'm doing it now for the record.
    Now, our friend Han has made the one for player characters with the same coding of player characters and some BG1 monsters (alas, since most of 'em are tintable swapping with any of 'em would make appear your character all fuzzy, so the only two are Sarevok and Elminster, but this last one has a bug on attack animation so only one option i am afraid. For other monsters, those who use the other coding list you can choose any you want from those of IWD1 i think)so it should work, but of course if you want to play with them on your character you have to keep in mind that:
    1. replacing the BAM of a monster means that then also that monster has that appearance (so with near infinity search for that and change that appearance to all the monster that use that BAM, better if you choose an appearance rarely used)
    2. of course you can't choose the cool feature Han made for swapping weapons and armors (meaning your character will always appear with that specific armor/weapon or it could appear the ones for older characters)
    3. Since IWD2 has the IDIOTIC feature that keeps tracking of your class and each time you surpass one class with another it changes your character's appearance with the clothes of the specific class, if you change the appearance of your character with a not-recognized-one the game crashes when you level up. Your options are: either make a character and level it to lev 30 and then change his appearance (of course if that character dies when you raise it the appearance will be reset to the default -i hate that, but alas-) or make an armor with the property "animation change" -> the one you desire but even in this case there's the problem that EACH TIME there's an event trigger (even pick an object from the ground) the character will go on fighting stance. This could appear like a nuisance, but try it and you'll see if it is.
    In the end, iwd2 was cool for being in 3.5, but for a lot of other things was pretty crappy isn't?
    Post edited by John_Barleycorn on

Talking about that i knew another guy who was porting the fallout 1&2 animations as well, saying that those are even more suitable for that matter since the first two fallout were infinity engine as well. Of course, many of 'em aren't exactly "fantasy", but still..
    edited December 2019

Talking about that i knew another guy who was porting the fallout 1&2 animations as well, saying that those are even more suitable for that matter since the first two fallout were infinity engine as well. Of course, many of 'em aren't exactly "fantasy", but still..

It can be applied on IWD2? thank you for enlighten me!

And... fallout? That's brilliant.
    'Big metal unit' in 'Power Armor' form will be perfect match!
    Yeah, here's the thread if you want to check for yourself: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=5053&st=100

By the way, i used some of the sprites you made as replacer on BG1 and IWD1 (not enhanced edition) and i saw that it appears the pink environment around the animation, even if the model it shows perfectly. I guess it's due to the old graphic..? Do you have an idea how could i fix that?
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, here's the thread if you want to check for yourself: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=5053&st=100

By the way, i used some of the sprites you made as replacer on BG1 and IWD1 (not enhanced edition) and i saw that it appears the pink environment around the animation, even if the model it shows perfectly. I guess it's due to the old graphic..? Do you have an idea how could i fix that?

Thank you so much for using my skin. and i appreciate your feedback :D

I don't have 'not ee version' bg and iwd, so it's hard to check.

I'll check it out in korean website. If I figure out how to fix it, I will reply... but I can't promise anything.... T_T
    Considering that in the newer versions even not enhanced the issue doesn't appear, i think it's due to the older graphic of the first two games. I tried various options and for example if i put 16 colors instead 32 the model itself becomes all fuzzy. So it could be a matter of options, i don't know.
    Anyway, you did a great job already so don't worry ;)
    ah, by the way, i saw you usually didn't add the idle stances, so i was curious, it's becouse you simply didn't like them or becouse it wasn't possible?
    ah, by the way, i saw you usually didn't add the idle stances, so i was curious, it's becouse you simply didn't like them or becouse it wasn't possible?

Thank you for your thoughtful understanding. :)

and... Neither!

I just don't know about How to add 'idle stances'. But it may be possible for a... somebody or other.
    I understand. Well, after all i wouldn't know too how to add them on the 'char1g1' and so on, it's easier on the iwd monster code like mcharSD and mcharSC. But probably if you use that codifing it wouldn't be possible the swapping weapons and armors i guess
    It is not that difficult, but rather time consuming. Specially when it comes to create CHARACTERS animations.
    well, the standard idle are more or less 3 or 4 sprites for the original bg1 characters to tell the truth
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    If they don't have idle stances, how do they look when not moving or attacking?
    edited December 2019
    In fighting stance. But i asked only becouse the diablo1 rogue has both idle stance and fighting stance. So that's why i was wondering why the diablo1 fighter did not.
    Post edited by John_Barleycorn on
    By the way, which program are you using right now Han for making BAM animations? BAM Workshop or there's some better/more recent?
  • AlchemicalDesireAlchemicalDesire Member Posts: 6
    Hanhwisoo, if you're still around, how did you extract Lineage1 sprite-sheets? The few private servers I came across mostly emulated original content, which had encrypted their sprites.
  • RainShroundRainShround Member Posts: 1
    This have suport on android? How can i use thisbin android??? Plzzz help