Skip to content

[SOD] Dragonspear Basement Bug? [spoiler]

Nomad010Nomad010 Member Posts: 3
Greetings,

I seem to have encountered a bug with Hephernaan in the basement of the castle. The encounter never shows up and I subsequently cannot free Daeros. I have read through a few walkthroughs and I don't think I'm missing anything, but it is my first playthrough so I could be wrong.

I have done a search for other people with the same problem and I found this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66443/sod-cant-fight-hephernaan-in-castle-basement-need-to-edit-my-saved-game

Unfortunately the above solution didn't work and my BD_Plot variable is set to 350 initially. I did try to load back to before entering the Warrens area but I have the same results. When I get to the basement area, the only confrontation I get is the initial one at the entrance with Belben. I can see a bunch of crusaders located in the second room to the right of the lift room, but they are completely non-hostile and didn't mind me looting the chest in the room.
  1. Game version:
    v2.5.17.0
  2. System Information
    Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
    System RAM: 16GB
  3. Mod Information
    No mods installed
  4. Saved Games
    Attached

Thanks for any assistance and thanks for the great game, I'm quite enjoying it so far.

Comments

• Nomad010Nomad010 Member Posts: 3
    Hmm, I loaded from the beginning of the warrens and skipped everything including the fight with Belben (it still got triggered but he is still alive) and in that timeline Hephernaan was still there. I'll try to see if I can reproduce the bug and see if I can find out exactly what I did that did it.
  • Nomad010Nomad010 Member Posts: 3
    Ok, I loaded up a save that's just before I entered the basement and Hephernaan still triggers.

I tried a couple of permutations of the basement level to see if I could get the trigger not to happen but he always does now so I'm not exactly sure what caused the original behaviour. I can't remember exactly what I did once I arrived in the basement.

One thing I noted the stone golems in the large chamber before Hephernaan didn't appear either in the bugged game as well.