Skip to content

Two quick bugs to report

MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
It's nothing major, just two quick ones I noticed during my last two games that I haven't seen mentioned (both using the most recent patch):
- Firkraag no longer uses his breath attack, making the fight rather trivial.
- Good Devas and Planetars now say "the light shall fall before me" instead of "I shall prevail".

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Maylander wrote: »

I just looked at his script and saw no real difference in it from the original BG2. I also test fought him in game and he did use his breath on me. Not sure why he wouldn't use it on you, unless you killed him too fast or have mods or something... Although killing him too fast would be hard as he uses his breath almost immediately after his first cast of fear and wing buffet.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    Tresset wrote: »
    Maylander wrote: »

I just looked at his script and saw no real difference in it from the original BG2. I also test fought him in game and he did use his breath on me. Not sure why he wouldn't use it on you, unless you killed him too fast or have mods or something... Although killing him too fast would be hard as he uses his breath almost immediately after his first cast of fear and wing buffet.

Strange. We definitely didn't kill it too fast, though we were quite high level at the time. I've played the game many times, but I was doing multiplayer at the time with a friend who has never played it, and I didn't tell him anything about dragon tactics except "you need some sort of anti fear". We're playing on core rules, and yet my friend just ran over with stoneskin/mirror image on a Blade and flattened it. I was secretly laughing, expecting him to get blown up in a huge ball of fire. Very disappointing.

After noticing that we didn't get hit by anything other than his regular attacks, I fired up my most recent game (an FMT + Aerie duo) and did Firkraag again. Same result. My FMT just ran over and flattened it.

Both situations are similar in that the "main tank" in both cases used stoneskin and mirror image. Also, they were both wearing Belt of Inertial Barrier. Other than that, the setups were very different.