Skip to content

Special Ability Bug

Not sure exactly when this happened... but has anybody gotten this bug before? FYI, I'm only 5 days into Chapter 2.

samtljnsplph.jpg

Comments

• WayniacWayniac Member Posts: 132
    edited August 2019
    So I managed to pinpoint exactly when it happens. Not sure why.

Every time I move from one location to another outside the city (Trademeet to Watcher's Keep, for example), all of my special abilities reset like seen in the picture. The Slayer form increases every time, not always by 1 (the initial travel was 7, for example).

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

I am using Ascension, Revised Hell Trials, Weimer's Item Upgrade, and Free Action Override mods.
    I uninstalled the game and tried again, this time installing the mods one at a time and seeing which mod created the issue. This time the issue happened immediately after installing Ascension (the first mod I installed).

Has anybody else encountered this problem? I can't believe I would be the only one to have encountered this.
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    @Wayniac
    Ascension is actively maintained by @DavidW these days. So, if you used the latest version it might be worth hopping over to G3 and report the issue.
    Thank you. I appreciate the link. Check it out, first bug fix I see when I see what is fixed in 2.0.8

- fixes a bug that restored your Bhaalspawn powers if you went to Watcher's Keep in SoA.

Hopefully the new version fixes it.
    When installing new versions of things like Ascension, do I need to uninstall BG2 and then reinstall everything or can I just open the executable as is and have it overwrite the necessary things?
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    You don't need to uninstall BG2. Just opening the executable should be fine, at least for incremental updates like 2.0.7->2.0.8.
    @DavidW Thanks!