Skip to content

BG:EE original movies mod help

PlaidFrogPlaidFrog Member Posts: 3
I have downloaded the classic movies mod for BG:EE but partway through the installation it fails stating that permission to access the baldur's gate ini was denied. My understanding is that the current versions of BGEE have no ini files anymore (if they do I can't find them anywhrere). Does anyone know how I could resolve this please?bd1dqfufm2jz.png

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @PlaidFrog The version of the mod is outdated, use this one: https://github.com/Sampsca/BGEE-Classic-Movies/releases/latest
  • PlaidFrogPlaidFrog Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the post but unfortunately I get the same result when running 2.2.0
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited August 2019
    @PlaidFrog
    1. What's you game version? If it's 2.5 then you can delete "C:\Users\kvmil\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Baldur.ini". If not, update to 2.5 and delete ini file.
    2. Do you set "My Documents" as 'protected' folder or does the location is inside the OneDrive folder?
    Post edited by ALIEN on
  • PlaidFrogPlaidFrog Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice but the issue has resolved itself after I removed the journal fix mod from my override to deal with the in-game text box not auto-scrolling to the most recent. Not sure what I did along the way for that to happen but all good now.
  • Galfazar37Galfazar37 Member Posts: 3
    So I am curious...instead of just restoring the original movies, is it possible to place new movies completley in their place? I have tried to as a test but can never get the new movie to actually play. Trying to trigger it in dialogue with StartMovie("moviename") either results in it being skipped or a CTD.
    I even attempted to use the official mod setup to pack a custom movie in with all the needed settings and...nothing. even the options menu will CTD when selecting it.
    I convert the movie to .wbm using the terminal. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a specific framerate, bitrate, resolution it needs? Is there a more thorough was of converting a movie file to .wbm then terminal?
    Am I supposed to grant the terminal permission manually to convert(even though it never asks and just does it?)
    Or is it simply not possible to do?