Skip to content

latest Saltmarsh?

TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
There must be something I'm missing: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/module/sinister-secret-saltmarsh

The module loads, but won't let me choose a character to play. The "select character" is greyed out.

Comments

• Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Hmmm. I just downloaded it and it fired up right up for me. Maybe there's something in your override?
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    What file should I throw out?
    I believe only replacement PC head models are in there.
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    What platform are you using?
    Macintosh
    edited September 2019
    u879revjohdd.png
    Here's a screenshot. The character selected is even a Bioware character and the module doesn't accept input (the "Play" is greyed out).
  • Perhaps you're missing the tlk file? Or some of those haks listed in the required projects?
    kro51c7ohbch.jpg
    I should have those or the module won't load.
  • PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    I've only experienced that sort of error when the version of NWN the module was built against (i.e. what's stated in its module.ifo file) is later than the version of NWN you're using.
    So it's not an emerald edition mod?
  • What's
    Trixter wrote: »
    So it's not an emerald edition mod?

What's an Emerald Edition module?
    A module designed for the Beamdog version of Neverwinter (as opposed to the old Bioware versions?)
    Anything useful in any of your log files regarding an error message? Version incompatibility seems unlikely as it has been made for EE
    No, it's not logged as an error, the module loads like normal, it just won't let me pick a character.

I even tried to "Customize Character", but it just takes me back to the character list.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    What about making a new character, does that work?
    I posted a pic above; the "New Character" option is also greyed out: u879revjohdd.png
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    edited September 2019
    Are you using a devepment build versus the stable release build for EE? I'm not sure if that would cause it or not. Maybe try deleting the module version you have and redownloading it and trying again. I've seen these type of issues before with either a corrupted module.ifo or one that's incompatible. Like one of the above posters, I just downloaded it and it loaded right up with either a new or premade character.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited September 2019
    Interesting.
    Just redownloaded; same issue.

Since Mac users don't have the toolset, my version is the latest from Beamdog (log into its client, update when they happen.)

I now wonder if this is a Mac issue. Andarian's modules seem to also pose problems for Mac users, but not PC.