Skip to content

Importing modded kits to from BG1 to BG2

Hi, I have a lot of mods installed and I'm not sure I'll want to run them on a BG2 playthrough, but I still want to use my character. Is it possible to import my character to BG2, if I select a custom kit from a mod, that isn't present in the BG2 install?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    In general, no. You cannot import a character with a modded kit from BG1 to 2. Well, you "can", but you won't have the correct kit. Its easier to just start a new character, and edit them with EEkeeper or NearInfinity to match what the imported character would have been.
    Tiggerdyret
  • TiggerdyretTiggerdyret Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2019
    Does any decisions carry over from 1? Or maybe character deaths or something?
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    In a world with raise dead, it isn't clear whether they should carry over, but no they don't.
    Tiggerdyret
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Only your character carries over, and a couple pieces of select equipment.
  • SandkatzeSandkatze Member Posts: 34

Drizzt to Urden. In BG 1 nothing much happens after meeting him. But this meeting could have aftereffects in other titles when transfering your Charname depending on what you did at your meeting.

i.e. a mod enables you to get him in your party. no prob in BG 1 but in 2 haha... either you like your extra burden of trouble or you go and restart your playthrough.

but as far as i know, Drizzt is the only variable.