Skip to content

[MOD] Siege of Dragonspear 2 Baldur's Gate2:EE Item Upgrade - v2.0.5 released!

Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
edited September 2022 in BGII:EE Mods
Version 2.0.5is up!

What this mod does:

Imports more Siege of Dragonspear items into logical (to me at least) locations in BG2:EE during the Shadows of Amn campaign. They are attainable in a variety of ways – quest rewards, drops from enemies killed, shops, and containers.

Includes an optional component to force all import-able SoD items to be present in their normal locations. Since the Voidsword +3 and Voidhammer +3 are mutually exclusive, a choice is given for which to import. I included this component since many players (myself included) have had trouble with these items not importing into BG2:EE properly.

Adds upgrade options for the majority of the imported SoD items via Cromwell and Cespenar. All recipes are on both, so the player should not run into any issues upgrading items. Many of these new recipes require existing upgrade components within the game, keeping in the spirit of having to choose one upgrade over another for strategizing and replay-ability. In addition, I have also created a few entirely new upgrade components to fit with the theme for some of the upgraded items. I included an upgrade path for one importable item from BG1 as well, since I felt it deserved a future in BG2.

Adalon now drops silver scales, correcting what I felt was an oversight. (These scales are used in some of the new upgrades.)

Saladrex now drops red scales, correcting what I felt was an oversight.

Adds green and black scales to the Green and Black dragons in the game.

Adds a few new component items for use in the new upgrade recipes on Cromwell and Cespenar.

Imports Helm of Opposition from BG1 - simply because it's fun, and if you know how to use it, it can be very useful.

Includes an optional component to change Cromwell's equipment to something more in-line with his skills as a forger of highly magical items.

Includes several new wizard and priest spells, placed in locations throughout the campaigns.

Includes alternate completion and upgrade path for the human flesh armor.

Includes upgrade paths for a two importable weapons from Baldur's Gate:EE

Optional Component allow for choice of items imported from BG1.

Optional Component for updating names/appearances of existing dragonscale items to be more consistent.

Optional Components for cosmetically enhancing existing items and on-hit effects.

Adds new options for armors, helms, and shields that can be created from all existing dragon scales.

Imports many items from Icewind Dale and places them in thoughtful locations throughout the game.

Imports new spells and Icewind Dale items into Baldur's Gate 1 Enhanced Edition.

Randomization of some item/spell drops to add replayability.

All of the upgrades were created with balance in mind, and most have unique effects to keep things fun and fresh.

You can download this mod here: https://gibberlings3.net/mods/items/sod-to-bg2ee-item-upgrade/

Version 2.0.5
-Fixed
- Corrected spellbook level entries for spells: Thunder Thrust, Infernal Bone Shield, Sundering Vitriol.
- Corrected usable races/classes for the Adventurer's Nimble Gloves of Guarding.
- Restored Arbane's Sword of Agility +2 to Suna Seni

Post edited by Daeros_Trollkiller on
ronaldoilduderinoGusindaCaszidyJuliusBorisovFlashburnArthasLudwig_IIStummvonBordwehrleeuxhistamiiniRaduzielMantis37semiticgoddessFina92QueegonZaghoulstargazerbAbelDoxygorgonzolaRik_KirtaniyaAerakarAdam_en_tiumThrasymachusArviaBlackbɨrdrami_DD_TressetConnellyAaemforever

Comments

• Gabeg21Gabeg21 Member Posts: 43
    Congrats Daeros! Can't wait to try it out!

I shouldn't ask, but would it possible to make an item using the Symbol of Amaunator from the Temple Ruins? I always thought that item should be used to upgrade a staff of some sort, or a Long Sword. Maybe with a ability of True Sight or Sunrray once a day ala the daystar?

Anyway, can't wait to try the mod!
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    I feel like the Symbol would actually go really well with the Shield of Egons if you added that to the import list.
    Caszidyxscott71x
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    Thank you both for the comments and suggestions, Once I publish the first version I will consider making additions and changes.

I am fairly certain the symbol is used in Weimer's old Item Upgrade mod for a shield of some sort, going from memory. That's not to say I couldn't use it for one of mine, but there is a rather nice shield in my mod already you may like. In any case, I will be soliciting input and feedback from the community once I release V1.0
    Well, if it's any consolation, the both of you gave me an idea for one of the items I was mulling over what the recipe should be. I think you will both like the results!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I am fairly certain the symbol is used in Weimer's old Item Upgrade mod for a shield of some sort, going from memory. That's not to say I couldn't use it for one of mine, but there is a rather nice shield in my mod already you may like. In any case, I will be soliciting input and feedback from the community once I release V1.0
    You're probably thinking of Rogue Rebalancing, where it is used to upgrade the Fading Glory buckler.
    Mantis37
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I hope that lucky belt from SoD is one of the items imported! I loved that Belt. XD
    AedanTimbo0o0o0
    Version 0.1.0 has been released! Please enjoy and leave feedback for me here.
    CaszidyLudwig_IIStummvonBordwehr
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    This looks very cool. I have one question though. I realized that some of the items included in this mod are also included in Edvin's Unofficial Item Pack. What is the compatibility of this mod with that one? Which one should be installed first? Thanks
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    This looks very cool. I have one question though. I realized that some of the items included in this mod are also included in Edvin's Unofficial Item Pack. What is the compatibility of this mod with that one? Which one should be installed first? Thanks

Evin's mod puts most of the SoD items on Ribald, mine doesn't. What will end up happening is you will get duplicates. Also, the tongue of acid +3 from Edvin's mod doesn't work correctly, it's missing the slow spell that is triggered on a hit. My version works correctly, and produces an acid splash visual effect occasionally on hits. Not even Beamdog's version does that ;)
    CaszidyleeuxLudwig_II
    Look awesome Daeros! WIll give feedback soon!

Congrats man!
    I am digging the various dragon armors. Very, very cool!
  • Gabeg21 wrote: »
    I am digging the various dragon armors. Very, very cool!

I am very happy you like them, creating the dialogues for those was a flipping nightmare :) But I am glad I did it, it showed me how I can do branching paths for upgrading items into different things using different combinations of components. I am putting that type of thing in more use on the next update.
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited September 2019
    I'm trying this on my current playthrough, and couldn't help but have a peek of the stuff. I've one guestion and suggestion:

Noticed that Crown of Lies upgrade only adds some color pulse, is this intentional?

I think Star-strewn boots should bump that MR to 10 to be inline with others, like Helm of Dumathoin.
  • I considered doing that for the boots but decided not to, as too much MR trvializes the game in my opinion.
    For the crown, look more closely, its definitely improved ?
    histamiini
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Does this mod include the keyring, by any chance?
  • ThacoBell wrote: »
    Does this mod include the keyring, by any chance?

The next update will include the keyring, as it seems to be quite popular :)
    ThacoBellCaszidyStummvonBordwehr
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Nice!
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Could I request that Lucky belt too? There's a serious shortage of unique belts (and boots) in BG2. :)
    StummvonBordwehrCaszidy
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Hi @Daeros_Trollkiller
    It looks very promising - I will look forward to using it.

Is it possible to get the same item changes displayed in this thread like you did with the dragon scale revamp mod?
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited September 2019
    Tarnor didn't have Helmet of Dumathoin? I had it on me when importing, and I've been finding the other items. Looking up with NearInfinity, seems that it isn't anywhere?

Tongue of Acid +4 and +5 enchantment is still +3
    Post edited by histamiini on
  • Ive noticed that SoD items sometimes wont get impoted from a saved character, only from a saved game. I ran into similar issues when i was testing item locations for my mod. In either case, my mod doesnt do anything to prevent or promote SoD items that normally import.
    histamiiniStummvonBordwehr
  • Hi @Daeros_Trollkiller
    It looks very promising - I will look forward to using it.

Is it possible to get the same item changes displayed in this thread like you did with the dragon scale revamp mod?

I will do so once things are more finalized. I am still in process of adding new items, upgrades for them and tweaking already completed items.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • progress is still moving on the next upd
    histamiini wrote: »
    Tarnor didn't have Helmet of Dumathoin? I had it on me when importing, and I've been finding the other items. Looking up with NearInfinity, seems that it isn't anywhere?

Tongue of Acid +4 and +5 enchantment is still +3
    Yep, enchantment level on items is something I've missed on several and will need to correct in updates. Thank you for pointing it out.
    ThacoBellGusinda
    Looking forward to the new update
    Daeros, any chance to include a list of items for the upgrades? Not locations necessarily, just the items needed.

Thanks
    I have a question about item upgrades part of this mod. Is it compatible with other mods that add item upgrades as well? For example, I want to use Rogue Rebalancing mod too which adds a few item upgrades to both Cespenar and Cromwell.
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    May I have a little request here?
    Could you please add some magic spear or make some of them upgradable so it would be strong enough to be usable thorought the whole game? There are so few of them :'(