Skip to content

[Help needed] Game crashes after giving eyestalk to Matron Mother

Warning: Spoilers for Underdark part of BG2 in the text below.

My game crashes after I hand over the eyestalk of the elder orb to the matron mother in Ust Natha. The full dialog runs fine. Once the dialog ends, the game crashes after about a second.

I tried kicking out all party members before talking to her, but that doesn't help.

Any help? My weidu.log is attached.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    have you tried just giving the kuo-toa blood or the elder brian vial instead? whether you give her 1 or all 3 you still get the same amount of XP anyway
  • amitlathamitlath Member Posts: 22
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    have you tried just giving the kuo-toa blood or the elder brian vial instead? whether you give her 1 or all 3 you still get the same amount of XP anyway

I tried with each item separately... exactly the same result. I also tried commenting out the entire area script for that area, but the crash still happens. I can troubleshoot with NI.
    sarevok57
  • amitlathamitlath Member Posts: 22
    Anyone?
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    It looks like it is an issue caused by a script (directly or indirectly) either an area script or the matron, or any other NPC in the area that reacts to you progressing the quest.
    That makes it kind of hard to investigate.

What you could do is look at all the scripts involved to see what might cause the issue.
    (Often CTDs are caused by creating items that are not there, equipping items wrong or scripts going into infinite loops and such..)

Sorry, not much help, I know.
    That's probably why you haven't gotten any other replys either.. :)
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Crash can also be due to symbols in texts not in the right format, missing animations if creatures or the weapons they are carrying etc.