Skip to content

Jacil and Ulf

If i Enter the Merchant's league before talking to Mendas, does that mean that I will not be able later on to trigger the Balduran's Island quest ? I would like to get the spear +2 for my halfling barbarian, but I do not want to lose the quest on the island.
Thanks for your answers.

Comments

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Rigel wrote: »
    If i Enter the Merchant's league before talking to Mendas, does that mean that I will not be able later on to trigger the Balduran's Island quest ? I would like to get the spear +2 for my halfling barbarian, but I do not want to lose the quest on the island.
    Thanks for your answers.

I don't see a big problem: if you enter and everybody attack you just keep the map that one of the enemy will drop. This is the only item that it's needed for the quest.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603

"He only appears if you haven't begun the Sea Charts quest for Mendas. If that quest is started, you'll be greeted by Ulf."
    Daevelon
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its perfectly safe to enter the merchant's league before talking to Mendas. Get your spear, then start the quest. The building will load in the npcs for the quest at that point.
    ZaxaresDaevelon
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Can confirm what ThacoBell said. I entered the Merchant's League when I first reached Baldur's Gate and started exploring. Slaughtered everybody inside (poor doggies), then left. Came back MUCH later when I was doing the Ulgoth Beard quests and the NPCs for Mendas' quest spawned in there as normal.
    Daevelon
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    Thanx a lot !