Skip to content

What weapon and fighting styles are best for a Kensai to specialize in for Icewind Dale?

I am used to playing a Kensai in Baldur's Gate II EE so I'm not sure what to expect.

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    A fair number of foes in IWD are slash/pierce resistant so you'll definitely want flails or maces. There are also a large number of high-quality longswords so they're a solid choice as well. Very few katanas however and none are in the same league as Celestial Fury so that wouldn't be a recommended weapon choice.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Seconded, flails and longswords are great. They work well for all fighter classes. Daggers often have mage bonuses and hammers cleric bonuses. There are some good axes and two handed swords too. There is one late game mace that is brilliant vs undead

Due to loot randomisation you may want to check a walkthrough so you don’t miss the best options if you are tied to one weapon type
  • WhiteheartWhiteheart Member Posts: 6
    While not quite the kensai you're asking about, my dad and I played a multiplayer game where my dual-wielding paladin ended up being the party tank. She was using dual longswords for her main weapons and then I had a set of flails for when I needed bludgeoning damage. She was a blast to play! :smiley: