Skip to content

Custom sound: Works fne in the toolset - won't play ingame

Hi

I've tried to mess around witht he toolset again, creating a custom sound effect I wanted to play on a placeable.

No matter how hard I try, the toolset believes my WAV is a stereo file, while Audacity tells me, it's as mono as it can be.

I am using Audacity, as suggested by the Internet and save the file as follows:

yk67y5ggor90.png

In the toolset, I can check the file and it plays.. BUT

e4ih1gmyud7v.png

It won't play ever ingame. I need the help of you gods...

xk69u2bgxcxd.png

Comments

• SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    Can you upload the wav to google drive or Dropbox so I can take a look?
  • ThakeThake Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2019
    Most certainly - it's done. I have uploaded it on dropbox and shared the link with your Email
    Post edited by Thake on
  • SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    @Thake I confirmed the wav to have all of the properties you claimed, looked fine everywhere, so I added it to ambientsounds.2da, opened the toolset, made a sound object, placed it, no warnings, placed as a single shot sound object, saved okay, went in game, worked as expected.

Which toolset are you using?
  • ThakeThake Member Posts: 14
    I'm using the toolset that came with the game..

5m0tnfad0rxs.png

however, reading how you did it, I do not know how to add the file to the ambientsounds.2da. I simply go through the process of right click on custom sound, and follow the wizard's steps after putting the wav into the override folder. Maybe that's the problem?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Grab a copy of the ancient Bioware tutorials (one of them is specifically on adding custom sounds). Give them a try and if you need more help just shout.

TR