Skip to content

How do I set names for items with melee and ranged capabilities, and set names for charge abilities?

As I am working on some new items for my mod, I am running into an issue I am hoping to get some guidance with:

For weapons that have a ranged and melee component, how do I set names for each? What I mean is take a throwing axe for instance: If you right click on it, there are two icons, one named "melee" the other "ranged" for their respective uses.

When I am making new items with these capabilities, they only show the name of the item, making it difficult to determine which is melee and which is ranged.

I get the same result for any charge abilities on new items.

I am sure there is a way to set these names using WeiDu using SAY NAME or SAY 0X##, but I cannot for the life of me find any examples of this to follow, or any documentation. I know I am probably overlooking something, but I'm just not seeing it and would appreciate some assistance. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    Looks like TOOLTIP.2DA is used to assign unique names to item abilities. Someone else will have to help you with the WeiDU part if needed, as I'm not well versed in WeiDU-fu.