Skip to content

Next party options

Hi!
My next party is:
Paladin human
Mage/thief half elven
Bard human

And the last options what i cant choose.
Either
Fighter/cleric dwarf
Fighter elven

Or

Ranger/cleric half elven
Fighter dwarf

Which is better ?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    well you are lacking a bit in the divine spell department ( even though this is IWD paladins still dont get enough spells to replace a cleric, in fact i found that they basically get the same as they do in BG, but i only ever hit 3 million XP at most in HoW )

so i would suggest some sort of cleric type, so you have your two options of; dwarf fighter/cleric or half-elf ranger/cleric

in my opinion the dwarf/fighter cleric is better because of the saving throw bonus, and you dont have to be good alignment ( usually if you can true neutral is the best alignment, and since you already have a paladin for all the good aligned stuff, the dwarf fighter/cleric would be the best bet i think )

although if you have the option enabled, a ranger/cleric gets ALL the priest spells, and IWD has some pretty nifty druid spells, so if you really want all the divine spell options available, then that could be something to think about

and why only half-elf thief/mage instead of elf thief/mage?
    ilduderino
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    edited September 2019
    Half elf is only rp reasons.
    My plan for this party, the cleric and the paladin gives enough divine and the mage/thief, bard duo is more than enough arcane casters. The bard in high levels can heal between battles so i can use cleric spells to buff and attack.
    Druid spells are great but my last play i used full time druids and it were a great game, i dont miss too much.
    Thanks your answers @sarevok57 i think the dwarven will be the fighter/cleric and use an elven fighter.

Why is true neutral the best allignement ? It misses spells from good circle .
    Post edited by Danacm on
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Danacm wrote: »
    Half elf is only rp reasons.
    My plan for this party, the cleric and the paladin gives enough divine and the mage/thief, bard duo is more than enough arcane casters. The bard in high levels can heal between battles so i can use cleric spells to buff and attack.
    Druid spells are great but my last play i used full time druids and it were a great game, i dont miss too much.
    Thanks your answers @sarevok57 i think the dwarven will be the fighter/cleric and use an elven fighter.

Why is true neutral the best allignement ? It misses spells from good circle .

a lot of items have alignment restrictions on them, so usually i only make the top CHAR of good alignment and make everyone else true neutral, plus i dont recall missing many spells from being neutral, i still get all the healing spells
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited September 2019
    I would go with a dwarven fighter / cleric - tis like the travels of my old clan
    sarevok57
  • GundanRTOGundanRTO Member Posts: 81
    Ranger/Cleric will eventually draw from the druid circle, allowing you some variety in terms of divine casting power. That makes for a pretty well rounded party, taking the other three members into consideration.
  • IamdorfIamdorf Member Posts: 60
    Dwarf fighter/cleric and elf fighter ( I would give him a bow)