BG2EE in 2013...

brixbrix Member Posts: 43
...so saith Trent Oster on twitter:
Post edited by brix on

Comments

• norolimnorolim Member Posts: 62
    You probably meant BG2EE
  • ElysElys Member Posts: 100
    Huh I only see a BG2EE related tweet, not a BG3EE. Am I missing something, or did you misread the tweet, or made a typo in the title ?
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited July 2012
    Plus it wouldn't be "EE" as there is no edition to enhance :D
    @Balquo: Right xD
  • brixbrix Member Posts: 43
    You probably meant BG2EE
    Yes :)
  • brixbrix Member Posts: 43
    This was just a test for you ;)
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited July 2012
    Officially for 2013:

You can thank me for asking him on twitter :) *feels all important and righteous*

Flauschig
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Yeah, It will probably be a long anticipated wait, just like bgee is right now, especially since i'll probably beat bgee a couple different times before the second is released.
    But it will be worth the wait I'm sure.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    if the enhanced editions will be great, i will have much fun with them, giving not up the hope :)
    smeagolheart
  • just_like_youjust_like_you Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Where in his Tweet does it say that BG2:EE will be released in 2013? He simply says that they'll start development of BG2:EE after BG1:EE, no hints of a release date however.

Edit: Ah, and now I see @Zeckul actually provided a link to him saying 2013. I was, of course, referencing with the above statement to @brix original post.
  • goetzvolzgoetzvolz Member Posts: 4
    Can't wait to relive that part of my childhood. BG1 was great, but I BG2 was the best RPG of all time in my opinion.
    Kratok
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, It will probably be a long anticipated wait, just like bgee is right now, especially since i'll probably beat bgee a couple different times before the second is released.
    But it will be worth the wait I'm sure.
    Yeah. At the end of BGEE, I'll be like: "Noooooooooo.. must wait for BG2EE now to continue the adventure ( > . < )"
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I think i can beat the first one with all of the quests done before the second comes out. 8)
  • Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    Why did they put BG 2 to 2013? They said earlier this summer aswell for that title i believe?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Zymran86

BG2EE was initially supposed to be released at the end of this year.

Why they decided to move it to 2013, only Overhaul can say.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727

At the end of BGEE, I'll be like: "Noooooooooo.. must wait for BG2EE now to continue the adventure ( > . < )"
    "You must gather your Oster before venturing forth..." XD

Oh well, at least we will have enough time to play BGEE around 50 times!
    Spjuv3rn
  • GridianGridian Member Posts: 50
    50 times? are you no fan of BG? anything below 500 times is not worth mentioning... ;)
  • ArtyArty Member Posts: 1
    Hopefully BG1:EE is a warm up to BG2:EE much like bg was to bg2.

And with that in mind they'll have to do more with the overhaul in BG2:EE than they did with BG1:EE. Simple bug/interface fixes and engine tweeks wont be enough, hopefully this will encourage the devs to go through the second edition rules (or any rules really) for more classes/kits/races and increase the canvas of play to use them in.
    Shin
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    ZOMG YESSS!
    Pardon, Fangasm here.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Arty A new member with the wisdom to find an old thread instead of opening a new one. Much kudos.
    LordsDarkKnight185GodKaiserHell
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Most of the heavy lifting is done with recoding the engine via BG:EE. So BG2:EE will pretty much be focusing on content, if I'm recalling what the devs were saying on this subject last summer.
    BelgarathMTHTJ_Hooker
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    BGII has more movies and interface additions that they'll have to remaster/remake.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    But they already have a lot of stuff done in BG:EE. So most of it they can just copy-paste to BG2:EE, I think...
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Kirkor said:

But they already have a lot of stuff done in BG:EE. So most of it they can just copy-paste to BG2:EE, I think...

Pretty much this.
    More time to concentrate on enhancements since the UI is already done.

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    If you take into account the delay + end of summer release (not beginning of autumn mind you), we'll get it in a year more or less.
    Yeah, I'm pessimistic but you have to be in these circumstances...