Skip to content

Complaint on the technical support

I sent a specific request to the technical support, i explained what the issue was and then made a specific request: if it was possible to send me a savegame.

The issue, if those who reads are curious, is that a savegame corruption led me to lose about 10 hours of gameplay. So i asked, and i know it's an unusual request, if i could have any kind of savegame in the endgame so that i could see the ending of Tyrants of the Moonsea.

I was prepared to receive a "no anwer", something like "i am very sorry for your issue but we can't send you a savegame. Again truly sorry for what happened".

And i would have been FINE with it.

Instead what happens? I receive THIS answer.
Hello,

Thanks for contacting Beamdog support. My name is Charles, and I will be assisting you.

I am sorry you are having issues, in order to better assist you, please follow the steps here to escalate your issue:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs/p1

Thank you and have a great day!
-Charles

Which to me it seems like he didn't even read what i asked or what i had written.

Again, i wasn't expecting the solution i asked, my complaint is that the guy who answered didn't even seem to READ my email!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello! Thanks for the feedback. What our support implied most likely is that you can get help on the bug tracker if you create a report there. Our support can't provide a save file or look into your crash reports, - our QA can do that, and our QA people monitor and reply on the bug tracker.

I'll tag @Phantasma regarding your request of a late-game save file to see the ending of Tyrants of the Moonsea.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Skree83 wrote: »
    I sent a specific request to the technical support, i explained what the issue was and then made a specific request: if it was possible to send me a savegame.

The issue, if those who reads are curious, is that a savegame corruption led me to lose about 10 hours of gameplay. So i asked, and i know it's an unusual request, if i could have any kind of savegame in the endgame so that i could see the ending of Tyrants of the Moonsea.

I was prepared to receive a "no anwer", something like "i am very sorry for your issue but we can't send you a savegame. Again truly sorry for what happened".

And i would have been FINE with it.

Instead what happens? I receive THIS answer.
    Hello,

Thanks for contacting Beamdog support. My name is Charles, and I will be assisting you.

I am sorry you are having issues, in order to better assist you, please follow the steps here to escalate your issue:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs/p1

Thank you and have a great day!
    -Charles

Which to me it seems like he didn't even read what i asked or what i had written.

Again, i wasn't expecting the solution i asked, my complaint is that the guy who answered didn't even seem to READ my email!

To add to what Julius said, the answer you were given was a very logical response if you consider the fact that both the devs and players want this game to improve. If they simply sent you a saved game, that helps only you. If you submit a bug report in the bug tracker the developers may learn something about the bug that corrupted your save file and improve the game. I've personally gotten things fixed this way. You weren't brushed off, just told where to go to get this handled properly.
  • Skree83Skree83 Member Posts: 14
    @JuliusBorisov , thanks for the answer, really. It wont' really be a problem if they can't help me... i mean, if they can it would be fantastic, and i'd be grateful, but as i said i was prepared to a "we can't help you" answer. I had several bad experiences with steam support, and i found it baffling and... sad to have had a similar experience here. Just that.

Again, thank you for your post, regardless of how it will go.

@themazingness : I hear you. Perhaps, however, i didn't express myself as thoroughly as i hoped. If the answer was something like: "we are sorry for what happened bla bla bla, but before we can help you could you please follow this report procedure etcetera etcetera". That kind of answer, too, would have been fine.

What i didn't like is the copy/paste brush aside answer that makes it feel like, well, customer mistreatment. Nothing more, nothing less.

On a side note, i am more than willing to compile that bug report thing. I am trying, with as much good faith as possible, to be as reasonable as i can. And again, as i said, i don't even pretend or expect to receive a solution (even if Julius seems to think that i can receive help, and of course that's awesome), but there is a difference beetween a perfectly acceptable "sorry, what you ask is outside our allowed procedures, i am sorry but i can't do that" and a "please go there" that seemed copy/pasted.

If all this seems unreasonable... well, i am sorry.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited September 2019
    Skree83 wrote: »

Again, thank you for your post, regardless of how it will go.

@themazingness : I hear you. Perhaps, however, i didn't express myself as thoroughly as i hoped. If the answer was something like: "we are sorry for what happened bla bla bla, but before we can help you could you please follow this report procedure etcetera etcetera". That kind of answer, too, would have been fine.

Well, I think they really could work on their communication skills. I've felt similarly when I've asked for support even using the bug reporting system. Then again, I could probably work on my communication skills since I get a bit angsty with Beamdog's lack of communication and timely updates which makes me react poorly much like many other forumites.
    Post edited by themazingness on