Skip to content

Missing Game Keys

Hello all,

I have 2 purchases of NWNEE in my Beamdog account but when I go to Game Keys there is only one game key for one purchase of the game (Game Key and Steam Key). I purchased two copies because I want the game on two laptops for multiplayer play. Installation was fine but now I get a message saying CD-key is already in use when attempting multiplayer. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Thank you.

Comments

• nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hi,

Beamdog Client doesnt support having two copies of the same game. Please open the web interface of the store and look under gifts. There should be a giftable copy representing your second purchase.

Note that purchasing the game once gets you a steam key, which can also be used to install the game a second time and get a second game/multiplayer key but it'll require installing Steam and the game twice (The key will be provisioned once you click multiplayer and you will have to delete cdkey.ini first). Alternatively, you will have to create a second Beamdog account and gift the copy there. (Also make sure to delete cdkey.ini before running the game)

If you want to ask for a refund on your second/gift copy, or if somehow your gift copy cannot be located, please contact support here: https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 - I can't help you further than that on this forum.

Cheers!
    JuliusBorisov
  • joshmad75joshmad75 Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2019
    Thank you for the reply! The giftable copy was located and I sent it to my second Beamdog account email. I used the redeem code and it said the game was added to the account but it doesn’t show up in the My Games section of my Beamdog account. I tried to redeem again and it says the code has already been used. That’s true, but the account doesn’t show that I have the game. Launching the Beamdog client prompts me to buy the game. I don’t know what I’m missing here.
  • joshmad75joshmad75 Member Posts: 9
    Installing through Steam now, so trying that option as well.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Please, if you have questions, feel free to ask our support - support@beamdog.com , or via the link @niv provided.
    joshmad75