Skip to content

Importing character from file: Dual class bug?

DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
Hi everyone,
after so many years of playthrough in BG series i'm planning a dual class character; my intentions is to keep Kensai class till level 24 (powergaming!) then dual into thief class. I'm aware that i will "complete" the process very late in game but my goal is to export the character then import to start again bg2 (i even have a roleplaying idea about this, based on Black Tower Series from Stephen King).
Anyway, the point is: i've read that while importing from file a dual-classed character a sympathic bug occures and the HP will be reduced to the second class max for that level. Is there a way to avoid this without using consolle or editors? I know it's kinda weird but i accept to use only in-game exploits and i never mod my game (except for the XP remover).
If i'm not wrong this bug will be addressed in next patch, but i start to think it will be released after my lifespan (and i'm 36). Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Imho to fix it with console is not exploiting, but bug fixing, as the dual is supposed to have the first class hp for the first class levels, whether it is beneficial like going from fighter to thief or detrimental like in the opposite situation.
    I dont see fixing a bug as a violation of your self given code of honour, other then that i am not able to help you.
    ilduderinoDaevelon
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    Imho to fix it with console is not exploiting, but bug fixing, as the dual is supposed to have the first class hp for the first class levels, whether it is beneficial like going from fighter to thief or detrimental like in the opposite situation.
    I dont see fixing a bug as a violation of your self given code of honour, other then that i am not able to help you.

Thank you, i know it's weird but it's exactly how i feel in these situations, even if i would have all the reasons to cheat. Anyway i already decided to change my intentions and to export/import my character at level 24 and then dual him, in order to not have this bug. I will complete my game in the second run.
    gorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Feelings are something very personal, i respect yours, have fun paisá :)
    Daevelon