Skip to content

(MAC) Cloak colour bug in some modules

Hi the cloak is this ugly light brown colour in some modules. Im playing Pirates of the Sword Coast and its got the issue. Its also in Infinite Dungeons. I havent played Wyvern Crown of Cormyr yet but i quickly started a game to look, the NPCs cloaks look ok, i didnt get to see if my character had one.

How do i fix this? I cant have ugly cloaks on my cool pirate.

Im playing the latest NWN version, on a macbook pro.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! Sorry for the late response (due to my vacation).

When the 1.68 patch for NWN added visible cloaks, all the existing cloak colors were just light brown. Only items created after that could get customized to look right. Various modules have different player customization options, but changing the cloak color is just like changing the armor one - there's a dye item you can use on the cloak.
  • SpiderQueenSpiderQueen Member Posts: 4
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, i just started playing again.

same issue in some modules including Infinite dungeon and pirates of the sword coast.

- dying the item does nothing
    - the item looks normal in the store window once purchased and equipped it has the wrong colour and is light brown no matter what cloak it is.

apparantly this is an old bug and something to do with with hak files?? i dont know what that is.

Can someone please tell me how to fix the bug. Thanks
  • GrogbayneGrogbayne Member Posts: 8
    Download cloak hakker and cloak converter from the vualt. Fixes em right up.