Skip to content

Missing items from Rasaad's ToB questline *possible spoilers*

SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
Something odd happened to me during Rasaad's Throne of Bhaal quest, where you chase Alorgoth down into the home of clan Dugdeep. There are 3 ways to get in, I chose the river, that way you end up inside in the kitchen and can immediately go down into the actual mine. So I did that, but went back upstairs for the XP and loot.

Now, there you can come across Alorgoth's study/bedroom, where you'd expect to find his journal and 3 pieces of Dark Moon themed loot. Instead, what I got were only 2 pieces of loot (a cloak and a headband) and 2 piles of ash with the description that someone deliberately tried to destroy his belongings.

I'd love to know what I did wrong here. Is it a timed section where you have to rush to the study? Should I have finished Alorgoth first? Is he still carrying the last two items on his person? To have the possibility of all the lootz, should I have entered a different way? Or is there a simple dialogue option with a guard that prevents his stuff turning to ash?

Another odd thing is that there are 2 instances of Cuddy Dugdeep. One seemed to tag along with me down into the mine, but when I went back up to clear the main floor he was also in the kitchen.

I do have mods installed, but the ash is a vanilla file.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    OK, I just ran this section. It's timed, but timed from something rather close by. When Jassar sees you and raises the alarm, you have only so long to get into the locked room and retrieve the items before they burn.

There are four items; the other two are the boots and a book. The book is first to burn, but as a pure flavor item it's also the least important. I picked up all four in my run, mostly by clearing the large room without triggering the alarm and then running into the room before fighting the fighter-mage Sephos.
    SjerrieJuliusBorisov
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Huh. I never about this. What are the boots and the book so I can look them up in EE Keeper? I've already finished my ToB playthrough and I don't feel like doing it all over again just to see what they were. XD
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Boots: Night Walkers, OHRBOOT1.
    Book: History of the Sisters of Light and Darkness, BOOK54.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    jmerry wrote: »
    OK, I just ran this section. It's timed, but timed from something rather close by. When Jassar sees you and raises the alarm, you have only so long to get into the locked room and retrieve the items before they burn.

Ah that makes sense, I guess I just missed the notification that it was timed. I was a little too focused on that dual-wielder by the door, he was a pita.

Tried it again and got through the door before the time was up and I was actually able to trick the woman in there to just hand me the stuff. :tongue:
    JuliusBorisov