Skip to content

Planar sphere runes bug on valygar quest means stuck forever! ***SPOILERS****

SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
Im stuck in the planar sphere forever bec 2 of the 4 runes of the rune puzzle room aren’t active.

The bottom and right runes can be clicked and cause an explosion, but the top and left runes don’t do anything. Clicking on them just sends your char to stand on top of it and nothing else happens. As a result I can’t open the door to the lower levels where apparently I need to put the demon heart to travel back to faerun.

Searching the forums or google yielded no similar posts from what I could find.

I am using an android tablet with no mods.

Another potential oddity - I met Lavok and got the instructions abt the demon heart etc, but according to the runthroughs, tolgerias was supposed to show up at some point, but I never saw him.

Any insight greatly appreciated, esp as restarting wouldn’t guarantee the same situation wouldn’t arise again!
Post edited by SirBaldur on

Comments

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Tolgerias would appear just in the path you'll open with the runes, so this part is correct.
    gorgonzola
  • SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
    edited October 2019
    Daevelon wrote: »
    Tolgerias would appear just in the path you'll open with the runes, so this part is correct.

It doesn’t seem there is anything more for me to do in the sphere except use the demon heart but I can’t get in that room, so I would’ve expected him to have shown up by now
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Do you have the hearth with yourself?
    You are supposed to go outside and kill the demon, actually there are 3, but 1 is enough, and only after it actvate the runes.
    Possibly to do it before killing him can trigger the bug.
    I am only guessing, without any clue about the real cause.
    SirBaldur
    edited October 2019
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    Do you have the hearth with yourself?
    You are supposed to go outside and kill the demon, actually there are 3, but 1 is enough, and only after it actvate the runes.
    Possibly to do it before killing him can trigger the bug.
    I am only guessing, without any clue about the real cause.

Yes I have 3 hearts and spread them around the party, leaving one with my char, just in case. Also Lavok recognized I had the heart and told me to run to the engine room. I’m assuming that’s the locked room off the rune room (which you have to pass through to get to Lavok)
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    You have correctly done all you are supposed to do. And you have to open that door.
    So let check one laat thing, you tell that 2 runes give an explosion and 2 are not active. You are supposed to activate the 4 runes in a certain order, only after that the door is unlocked, now i dont remember the exact order, but try to start with a rune that give not explosion then find the combination that allows to click on all 4 without explosions, every time you get one you have to start again the whole process.
    If there is no bug it should work.
    Or better i just googled the exact order for you, it is
    top, bottom, right, left
    Trigger an explosion to reset the counter then try, it should work, other way there is indeed a bug and i can not help you.
    SirBaldur
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    try to start with a rune that give not explosion then find the combination that allows to click on all 4 without explosions
    I appreciate your efforts. Unfortunately the one that I have to click first is one that is not clickable!

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you can, can you give us a save file of your game? i believe the path for your save games looks something like this;

storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/ or
    sdcard/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save ?

if so, then i can open up your game, and get you pass that rune part, and then give you back your save game
    SirBaldurgorgonzola
    edited October 2019
    Thanks, that would be amazing. The location was below, note the II

storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/files/save

...ah looks like this will have to wait, I can't get the file picker to load the file here. I'll have to do it at home on my pc.

Eta: I've shared it via Google drive if that works for you. I can download from here but somehow cannot upload directly. But if Google drive doesn't work for you I can upload directly when I get home

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-YBXUoOTo99EvVY6G0Gm6kPJ-hs4sYeK/view?usp=drivesdk
    you are also missing the .gam file, if you can make an archive/zip file of the entire save folder ( just so there isn't any room to cause more issues hopefully ) that would work better
    SirBaldurJuliusBorisov
    i loaded up the full save folder into a zip here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=10MLU7e_4rmx8-0MtOaaJnSYcPL4V1tO7

Thanks again
    okay, here is your file back, the door has been opened, so hopefully you should be able to continue on
    gorgonzolaJuliusBorisov
    edited October 2019
    That worked great, thank you for helping! I wonder what caused that bug.

Sadly, the very second we stepped out of the planar sphere, even before Lavok died, Amonen got pissed that we had neglected his rotting sister's corpse for so long and, despite my begging and promises, immediately took off. As our team alchemist, he took with him all our potions (and of course the loot he was using)!

I suppose I should have taken care of his personal business before entering the sphere, but I had no idea that stepping inside would take us to a different time/space dimension!
    sarevok57gorgonzolaJuliusBorisov
  • zizaszizas Member Posts: 3
    I am having the same problem. ipad iOS14. Any suggestions how I sopve this problem?
    if you can somehow upload your save game i can see if i can fix the problem and then give your file back
  • beccam47beccam47 Member Posts: 3
    I did post that I'm having same issues but took someone advice and just tapped all over by rune top and it worked, so you may have to put him/her right on the rune then just keep tapping all around and you'll hit it, good luck