Skip to content

Minor Sequencer Malfunction

BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
Hey everybody. Out of the blue I'm having a problem with the Minor Sequencer spell not functioning properly. I cast it and it opens the dialouge box to choose the spells and all of the boxes for the spells are just empty. The only option it gives me is to cancel the spell? This is happening on both my Multi class straight mage, and my single class sorcerer. Its odd because the spell functioned properly before without any problems but now it's not working. This started to happen once I entered Dorn's Deep. I have attached a save game file, and would appreciate if someone could take a peek and let me know if it's something I'm doing wrong. It's an IWD:EE game that I installed. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Post edited by Bloodstone on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    having no problems on my end

so it is definitely a mod problem

i noticed on your weidu log there was something to do with a sequencer it looked like?

perhaps if you messed with that you problem might get fixed?

PS: that little baby stone golem on your team is so awesome hahaha
    Bloodstone
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    I added the sequencer mod after my initial install. Come to find out it is not compatible with IWDEE. After uninstalling it and the eseries script mod it now works fine.

Do you have any suggestions on a script mod I could add? The baisc scripts just kinda suck. The Golem Construct mod is totally cool.
    sarevok57
    haha, indeed i do, what are you looking for script wise?

i have a couple of scripts that i use and they seem to work perfect for me and they go as follows;

a melee script, which works like "agen" ( which in reality i actually like this one because it actually works really well ) although i touched mine up a bit so then if you have "detect traps" you will constantly look for traps when idle

then a have a ranged script which is kind of an improvement over "arang" ( i believe its called ) and its a script that keeps ranged people ranged, and they will only switch to melee weapons if they are forced into melee ( and that is after retreating from the enemy ) and even if you switch them to a melee weapon they will automatically switch over to their ranged weapon, plus they will look for traps when idle

and then i have the ultra script, which works good enough for me since i always use a select spell list, but sometimes for classes like sorcerers they go a little ham, with this script the caster will cast any spell when the right time is given, plus i believe it will automatically summon up to 5 creatures if you have summoning spells memorized

now, for bg1 and 2 i actually uploaded somewhere on this forum my scripts for those games which had a bit more flexibility aka some scripts would only cast offensive while others would only cast defensive, or some might just cast summons or some might just cast them all, so i will give you some of the ones i use for IWD and see how you like them;

with the ultra script that caster will cast any spell ( except for mage elemental summons and demon spells ) and it also has the range script will it will always try and use a ranged weapon and stay out of melee combat unless forced to it should switch over
    Gusinda
    Those look awesome. I will try them out tonight when I have a chance. On the BGEE side of things I have never really used scripts until recently so I will play with that a little more and see where I need the most work. Thanks, I will look you up when I get back into BG, I'm going to try an EET run with SoD soon.
    sarevok57
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    haha, indeed i do, what are you looking for script wise?

i have a couple of scripts that i use and they seem to work perfect for me and they go as follows;

a melee script, which works like "agen" ( which in reality i actually like this one because it actually works really well ) although i touched mine up a bit so then if you have "detect traps" you will constantly look for traps when idle

then a have a ranged script which is kind of an improvement over "arang" ( i believe its called ) and its a script that keeps ranged people ranged, and they will only switch to melee weapons if they are forced into melee ( and that is after retreating from the enemy ) and even if you switch them to a melee weapon they will automatically switch over to their ranged weapon, plus they will look for traps when idle

and then i have the ultra script, which works good enough for me since i always use a select spell list, but sometimes for classes like sorcerers they go a little ham, with this script the caster will cast any spell when the right time is given, plus i believe it will automatically summon up to 5 creatures if you have summoning spells memorized

now, for bg1 and 2 i actually uploaded somewhere on this forum my scripts for those games which had a bit more flexibility aka some scripts would only cast offensive while others would only cast defensive, or some might just cast summons or some might just cast them all, so i will give you some of the ones i use for IWD and see how you like them;

with the ultra script that caster will cast any spell ( except for mage elemental summons and demon spells ) and it also has the range script will it will always try and use a ranged weapon and stay out of melee combat unless forced to it should switch over

@sarevok57 It seems I'm having a dumb moment. I downloaded the scripts you had sent me before, extracted them into my game folder and assumed they were there and available. I then promptly forgot to use them. So I remembered them today and went to use them and for some reason I can't get them to appear as a script selection. I have them loaded into the game folder, but of course they don't have an "installer" or "setup" script like the other escript mods do so I'm just missing something I'm sure. I'm not a modder by any stretch and I'm sure I'm just missing some basic point, can you tell me where I need to extract the zip files to so the scripts come up as available. I would greatly appreciate it.
    you need to put those scripts into the actual "script" folder

that can be found in the "deep" folder files - not just the ones found in "my documents"

i dont know how you installed the game ( whether client or steam ) but you need to dig for that script folder

i believe it can be found here;
    (Steam)
    Local Disk C/ Program Files (x86)/ Steam/ steamapps/ common/ Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

i dont remember how the client installs it, but it would be somewhat similar to the above, probably something like;

Local Disk C/ Program Files (x86)/ Beamddog/ Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

but anyway, how ever you get into the main game directory, the script folder is there, and then just pop the scripts in there and you should be good to go
    Grond0Bloodstone
    @sarevok57 thanks for the tip. I did what you advised but still had an issue with them not showing up. Ultimately what I did was to open EE Keeper and load up the Scripts under the default player tabs. Once I did this I went back in and the game recognized the scripts under the "custom" heading for each one. It's kind of late so I haven't checked out if the behavior is as needed but I will check on it tomorrow. If there is a further problem I will let you know. The only drawback is there is no description of what the script does in game, just a minor issue though, I'm not sure how the files would have to be manipulated to show some kind of text descriptor. It's not an issue since I have your descriptions above to work with. Thanks again for helping me out.
    indeed, that is what they are; custom scripts

the reason why there is no text for them is because they are not matched up to a string reference in the dialogue file

but as you said, you should know what they mean based on their name