Skip to content

When i buy a game from BeamDog what kind of "Download" do i get?

Is this like Steam or like GoG? Do i have to do anything further than to buy/download my game like run a "client"?

Are the downloads complete full executables or will i need to connect online to play, is real physical game media purchasable?

Do i own an offline version with free patches forever, or do i have to run a"client" to play and/or pay for game patches?

(Pardon the overlap of these Qs, but sometimes the meaning gets missed somehow in ppls replies.)

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You get a client, but it can be run offline. You can also run the games dirctly without opening the client. There is no DRM and it basically exists for easy updating and organizing.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Check out https://store.beamdog.com/about/client_faq for better understanding of what the Beamdog Client is.
  • CoreCoreCoreCore Member Posts: 6
    @JuliusBorisov @ThacoBell Ty both very much, the FAQ was everything, why i could not find it while on the site perplexes me, maybe because it was in the store, but i see it now and it answers my Qs. =)