Skip to content

Something Odd with Placed Sounds

It's been a while since I had a go at making a module. So when I finally got around to it again, I noticed something odd.

Anyone else experiencing this? On 1.69/Diamond when you place a sound that is only audible in a 10 metre (default) area around the point where you placed it, there is a visual representation of the extent of this area. Looks a little like an umbrella. With EE you don't see this and in fact even the icon used appears to have lost its colour too. This is in both the Retail and Development branches with the module I am currently building.

Please let me know one way or the other. If you are not experiencing this I will then suspect a certain tileset.

Thanks

TR

Comments

• Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    I haven't seen this behavior in the EE Toolset, and I'm in there with some frequency.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Well that's good to know. Thanks for that. Not a huge inconvenience anyway.

TR
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,268
    It would't be as simple as using the toggle at the top of the screen to show sounds, would it?
    Nope. I just double checked and show sounds is definitely on.

TR
  • ArtosArtos Member Posts: 16
    Have you made sure that the sound in question isn't an area-wide playing sound? That will use a different icon, and won't have a radius associated with it at all.
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Master Redhand is well aware of the icons I'm sure. He's got more forgotten knowledge of NWN than you and I could muster knowing.
    TarotRedhand
    Since all that shows is the music note and neither a box or an umbrella I knew that something weird was going on. I use past tense there because due to other weirdness in addition to the sounds, I have abandoned that particular module.

I am also certain that there are others around, with greater knowledge and skill than I. I just occasionally "see a gap in the market" that I can actually fill.

TR
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2019
    Nope, sound objects work fine for me.
  • AspirinsmurfAspirinsmurf Member Posts: 9
    I am experiencing the same.
  • I am experiencing the same.

Try DEV Build 8193.7 - that fixed any sound issues I was having