Skip to content

LE cleric approached by Helm (with no mods, no other stronghold) FIXED

KFinnKFinn Member Posts: 8
Hi all,
I seem to be encountering a bug with my game. I do not have any mods and I uninstalled the BG2fixpack. (I did end up finding a fix, see below if any else has the same issue.) I am a Lawful Evil cleric/fighter. I have not been Nalia's keep yet and entered the temple district, saw Gaal' speech and then was approached by Osig after. I accepted his quest because at the time all the work arounds and bug fixes didn't work for me. Also hoping that afterwards I could just talk to the Temple of Talos and everything would be fine.

I did not go and talk to Osig after completing the quest, instead I went to the Temple of Talos and used the consol to create Vilon. He talked to me just fine and then my journal updated with a note saying Cleric Stronghold and that I was now in the church of Talos. However, when the first quest to talk to showed up, there was only "NO VALID RESPONSES" present. Clicking that exited and I couldn't reiniate dialoge with him.

So I the reloaded my game, went into the church and created Stormherald Nallabir using C:CreateCreature("bhnallabir") . He then proceeds to ask if I killed the beholder (just like Osig did after I talked to him previously to see what would happen) I say yes, then got my XP bonus, a journal entry saying Cleric Stronghold, and then Vilon showed up. Talked to the first quest guy and dialog appeared normal. Vilon didn't show up immediately afterwards, but I will give it a few days game time and see how it goes.

So this seems to fix a bug where you get approached by the wrong church, but you may be able to complete the quest then spawn in the clergy of the church you want.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im pretty sure this "bug" was intentionally caused by beamdog

i dont recall how it happened back in the vanilla days because i only did the cleric stronghold once

but in the EEs the temple of helm guy will always come to you regardless of alignment and when you finish the beholder quest im pretty sure he then scoots you off to whatever alignment church you match to ( although again i dont recall if you have to do the sarles and tavin quest first before he scoots you off, i dont remember )

but i do recall everything working out in the end the one time i was a cleric type in the EEs, but that was years ago when i tried
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    You follow the righteous path, the path of Helm
    Balrog99Zaxares
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ilduderino wrote: »
    You follow the righteous path, the path of Helm

apparently
  • KFinnKFinn Member Posts: 8
    When I continued talking to him I was admitted into the Temple of Helm even though i was evil. I am LE though, does Law or Chaos affect the cleric stronghold as well? Everything I was able to find on various sources say it only depends on good, neutral, evil axis.