Skip to content

Enemy +x Immunities

Apologizing if this has been asked and answered before.

Is there a list of enemies by their natural immunity to certain levels of enchantment? (Aside from that provided by spells).

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited October 2019
    are you just asking about enchantments spell types in general or all spells?

from what i can recall off of the top of my mind;

all undead types are immune to enchantment spells ( except for perhaps enchanted weapon )

only humanoids can be hit with charm person/hold person spells ( creatures like; kobolds, xvarts, tasoli, charname races, things like that ) these spells have no effect on monsters or the like unless you use spells like; dire charm/hold monster

when it comes to spell immunities the following creatures are just straight up immune to these spells of X level and lower;

demilich; 9
    rakshasa; 5
    lich; 5

some other big time bosses are also immune to spells of a certain level and lower;
    belhefit i believe is 7 and lower
    demogorgon i believe is 5 and lower?

for dragons, ( at least in firkraag's case ) he is immune to;

paralyzation
    entangle
    slow
    charm
    stun
    wing buffets

but apparently not sleep or polymorph, i guess that is just a 3rd edition rule

and i just found out that firkraag's claw attack counts as a +2 weapon, so if have the spell mantle on, and he attacks you, you will be immune to his attacks lolololol

oh

and plus some enemies are immune to time stop ( which in my opinion only 1 makes sense, but it is what it is )
    these are;
    abizigal dragon form
    demogorgon
    mellisan
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Hmm. I never knows that avoid death rogue hla immunes to imprisonement. :)
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    Borco wrote: »

Thanks.

I was specifically asking about +x weapon enchantments, e.g. how demiliches are immune to weapons enchanted at +3 or lower, and Absolute Immunity grants immunity to weapons +5 or lower.

Aren't some of the endgame bosses immune to higher enchantment levels, or am I misreading strategy guides and they just cast Absolute Immunity/Protection from Magic Weapons as part of their buff cycle?