Skip to content

Mods on console versions (Xbox, PS4, etc)?

Has there been any discussion regarding future mod release/support on the console versions of these games? I would just love some more portrait options, sound set options, happy party patch, etc as opposed to full blown “cheating” like gatekeeper/shadowkeeper. Not that I would be opposed to them ;). I found a developer interview from earlier in the year where they wouldn’t comment but said to “stay tuned.” Thanks.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! Modding/Debug tools are not supported in the console version of the games.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    If you're really set (and I mean "REALLY SET") into modding the console ports you'd have to pretty much jailbreak the system first. But since there are extraordinary high chances to brick your console while doing so, I can't for the life of me recommend it. Just not worth the trouble. Like, at all!
  • Modesty77Modesty77 Member Posts: 3
    Awwww ?Ok.
  • Modesty77Modesty77 Member Posts: 3
    Nah, not gonna go that far, Kamigoroshi. I’m not that smart to try something like that; therefore, I’m not that stupid to try something like that. ?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Modesty77 wrote: »
    Nah, not gonna go that far, Kamigoroshi. I’m not that smart to try something like that; therefore, I’m not that stupid to try something like that. ?
    A wise choice. :)