Skip to content

Looking for PW - Social Server, RP Lite, No HAKs, Adult RP allowed, Casual, Customization

I am a long time NWN player from the 2000s, finally returning to my favorite game.

I played on a lot of different servers over the years, and was a developer on at least a dozen over an 10 year span. Eventually, my computer would no longer support NWN. For at least 5 years, I've been waiting for NWN to port to mobile and my prayers have been answered!!!

I am currently on several servers, but none 100% are a match.

I would be more than willing to go out and recruit for a server that I was happy with. I would also be happy to sign on as a developer, but the mobile application currently has no toolset.

The server I spent the most time on was Kissmet (AFAIK now defunct) which was an Adult server. I know that term comes with some baggage, but ultimately, very little of what went on there was adult content. Mostly, there was some hack and slash, a lot of actual gaming and RP, but not strictly enforced.

It had some cool haks, but what really made the server great was the sense of community. The jiggly nudes were fun, but not really needed to support the great RP.

Anyway, what I am looking for is...

- Social: A community where character matter and are welcome
- Roleplay Lite: Roleplay available and encouraged, but not enforced
- No HAKs: Mobile/Android does not currently support HAK packs
- Adult RP allowed: PG 13 content is fine, but allowed
- Casual Gamers: Casual Gamers are welcome and not cannon fodder
- Customization: Clothing, Gear and Appearance are customizable

Please let me know if this describes your server, or if you would be willing to convert your server to this to get more players.

Thanks!
GM_ODA

Comments

• GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    - Social: A community where character matter and are welcome
    We have custom tools so you can input your backstory and the server will utilize it to customize your game play, DMs too.

- Roleplay Lite: Roleplay available and encouraged, but not enforced
    We describe the server as RP-enhanced, play as you please (but if you think a DM is running an event in the area you are in, please RP a little or make a quiet exit so as not to spoil the others fun). Regardless, there are no RP-nazis here so nobody's going to bust your chops over RP.

- No HAKs: Mobile/Android does not currently support HAK packs
    fail! We use CEP - wow, the current version does not support haks at all? Not even if you use a cable connection to a computer and copy/paste the files into place?

- Adult RP allowed: PG 13 content is fine, but allowed
    The server is "PG 13" as regards public TALK channel and such (because you just can never know who the other players are or how old they are) but in private channels consenting adults can do as they please.

- Casual Gamers: Casual Gamers are welcome and not cannon fodder
    Yep, we welcome casual gamers too. The server is built to work to their favor in some respects (the server entry puts a PC in a city they did not expect to visit and have never been to before so your PC playing ignorant and 'just off the boat' is totally IC.

- Customization: Clothing, Gear and Appearance are customizable
    Totally got that.

http://argentumregio.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page?&cb=8705
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    As for Social RP (18+) servers Kissmet is still operational but they haven't moved to NWN EE, their player total is incredibly low now but they still functional, getting up to 10 players nightly. Sinfar inherited most of the social-rp playerbase and still hosts around 100-150 players nightly, but they have also not moved to NWN EE yet. Isles of Styss is the only social-rp server that has transferred to NWN EE and they get about 5-10 players nightly.

Word is that Sinfar might not switch to EE until their character customization features are made available as native features and Beamdog has made little progress in that regard. So logically the math is "0 + 2 - 2 = 0" in terms of how that's turning out right now.

Unfortunately for your requirements all of them require haks and the non EE ones don't support mobile.

For no haks your option (singular) is probably limited to Arelith right now.
    Blksabbath74
  • Blksabbath74Blksabbath74 Member Posts: 27

As for Social RP (18+) servers Kissmet is still operational but they haven't moved to NWN EE, their player total is incredibly low now but they still functional, getting up to 10 players nightly. Sinfar inherited most of the social-rp playerbase and still hosts around 100-150 players nightly, but they have also not moved to NWN EE yet. Isles of Styss is the only social-rp server that has transferred to NWN EE and they get about 5-10 players nightly.

Word is that Sinfar might not switch to EE until their character customization features are made available as native features and Beamdog has made little progress in that regard. So logically the math is "0 + 2 - 2 = 0" in terms of how that's turning out right now.

Unfortunately for your requirements all of them require haks and the non EE ones don't support mobile.

For no haks your option (singular) is probably limited to Arelith right now.

Good call on the Isles of Styss...

Apparently I can't manually implement haks, but can automatically download them. It took about 30 minutes.

IoS turned out to be more or less exactly what I was looking for...I highly recommend it!!!

In addition to light RP and nudes/adult action, it has a fully functional 3 faction battleground reminiscent of WoW or DAoC.

Needs more players...please come...
  • DovescryDovescry Member Posts: 3
    I tried to find Isles of Styss, but it doesn't seem to be on the list of games. Has it been removed?