Skip to content

Aribeth legs

Just getting back to all my projects with aribeth variant with legs and hand with fingers (coming) then leg armor set.
xresmw3eumbd.jpg
DJKajuruJuliusBorisovZaxaresTarotRedhand
«1

Comments

  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,299
    Wow!
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    Here a video showing her off and the placable from BD override example.
    Grizzled_Dwarflord
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Did I notice keyholing in your video?
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    Yes. This is Development Build 8191 on beamdog client so keyholing is included. I like to work on the latest build for bug reports and usually some bugs have been fixed and get to play with the latest features. I have not moved to 8192 yet as the toolset need maybe one more update and probably they will have one more dev build before they move to stable release. I think people will like the next stable release.
    Grizzled_Dwarflord
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Thanks, ShadomM, I didn't even comment on your Aribeth stuff. It's looking great! I like the placeables too. I swear in another year, this game won't even be recognizable from the original. That's crazy when I think about it.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,286
    That's a fantastic remodel! The armor style reminds me of the classic Dragonlance artwork by Larry Elmore too. :)
    ShadowM
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,307
    thigh armor is an interesting design, but i think it should be less convex (bulging) because this way it deflects blows into the gap between it and the knee guard, and doesn't look right

    how about thigh armor similar to this:
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/66/63/40/666340a6c6777c2fb8f60db0b15fbadf.jpg
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    bob_veng wrote: »
    thigh armor is an interesting design, but i think it should be less convex (bulging) because this way it deflects blows into the gap between it and the knee guard, and doesn't look right

    how about thigh armor similar to this:
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/66/63/40/666340a6c6777c2fb8f60db0b15fbadf.jpg

    Ah you talking at the base / bottom tip. I see what you mean (I might make some minor changes). Looking at the image you showed me though is too thin and is not rounded enough(no under padding) to have protection from arrows/ spears and even basic hits. It look more ceremonial then combat.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    Here some art that Larry Elmore done that have similar leg guards as the model. I love his art style.
    Guy on the right.
    DRAGONLANCE-Dragons-of-Autumn-Twilight.jpg
    One in each
    dragonlance-chronicles-trilogy-covers-tsr--larry-elmore-wallpaper.jpg
    Lady on left and in the center
    8384a26d9e90607ff378a15c527648b2.jpg
    Lady
    elmore_fantasy_woman_1.jpg


    leeuxZaxareszordren3742Kamigoroshi
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Love Larry. It takes me back to my days as wee lad during the greatest decade.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,286
    edited October 2019
    @Grizzled_Dwarflord said
    Love Larry. It takes me back to my days as wee lad during the greatest decade.

    Didn't think you were old enough to have been around in the sixties... [whistles o:) ]

    Used to love Snarf Quest (esp. Telerie)

    TR
    Post edited by TarotRedhand on
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,286
    Sturm's armor in that first picture a couple of posts back is what Plate Mail should actually look like; a suit of chainmail that has additional metal plates protecting more major portions of the anatomy. The armor that most people tend to think of as Plate Mail these days is actually Full Plate, the ones where the warrior looks like they're a walking tin-can and little chainmail is visible except at vulnerable portions like the joints.

    That said, Aribeth's original portrait and fantasy tropes aside, Aribeth really ought to have chainmail protecting those more vulnerable parts of her anatomy. ;)
    TarotRedhand
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Sturm's armor in that first picture a couple of posts back is what Plate Mail should actually look like; a suit of chainmail that has additional metal plates protecting more major portions of the anatomy. The armor that most people tend to think of as Plate Mail these days is actually Full Plate, the ones where the warrior looks like they're a walking tin-can and little chainmail is visible except at vulnerable portions like the joints.

    That said, Aribeth's original portrait and fantasy tropes aside, Aribeth really ought to have chainmail protecting those more vulnerable parts of her anatomy. ;)

    I made the texture file with layers of all sorts of parts, so it easy to add variants (like chain mail on the legs or black pants, leather pants. I also layered out other parts to like eyes, hair etc.. so they can easily be changed. I thought about chain mail, see I got a good texture of one or anyone know of a good one. I took the gloves off and gave her skin hands also.
    T0R0
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    Chain mail version
    boe6bmxo4nli.jpg
    JuliusBorisovZaxaresCalgacusArvia
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2019
    I think people can some times forget that games that are based on fantasy are not necessarily meant to look realistic. When Artists do a drawing or painting they want to stand out and do something different and they are not doing that if the armor or weapons look just like something you would see in a museum or some book at the library. Plus for a long time, in the video game industry, sex sold. But times are changing. That does not mean that sex does not sell, but the things that trigger criticism today did not do it as much back in the old days.
    TarotRedhand
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2019
    Aribeth should wear the same "armor" as Red Sonja :wink:

    vu7vzu5lnmkx.jpg
    Calgacus
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,286
    Ah, the magically magnetic armour - weapons can only strike those areas of her body covered (?!) by armour.

    TR
  • I always thought it was glued on
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,286
    I think people can some times forget that games that are based on fantasy are not necessarily meant to look realistic. When Artists do a drawing or painting they want to stand out and do something different and they are not doing that if the armor or weapons look just like something you would see in a museum or some book at the library. Plus for a long time, in the video game industry, sex sold. But times are changing. That does not mean that sex does not sell, but the things that trigger criticism today did not do it as much back in the old days.

    Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't fundamentally oppose the skimpy "Red Sonja" style of armor; it's just meant for a different kind of fantasy, the Conan-esque "Sword and Sorcery" fantasy style (which I also love). There's a time and place for both types of armor, and I'm just glad to see there's different options to suit players and builders who want to craft different kinds of modules/stories. :) Perhaps once ShadowM is done, they could release both Aribeth models and let builders choose which one they want to use. Best of both worlds! :D
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    Pstemarie wrote: »
    Aribeth should wear the same "armor" as Red Sonja :wink:
    Yes! please please please please please

    [Deleted User]
  • jonesr65jonesr65 Member Posts: 66
    It is +10 chain mail of distraction.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    edited November 2019
    Skin / hair layer testing.
    crdnqlqxr8lr.jpg
    Eye layer
    6y3suqh5ij3d.jpg

    Post edited by ShadowM on
    Grizzled_DwarflordT0R0JFK
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    edited November 2019
    Ok got the specular maps and normal maps on her, been awhile since I messed with these maps so had to do a refresher. Added wing, tail support.
    Calgacus
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    Ok all done, will post to the vault and steam soon. One more shot exclusive to my hr_base.
    53zrpkfzrh0j.jpg
    ZaxaresT0R0
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    edited November 2019
    Ok posted to the vault.
    LINK

    I have also noticed that black spots are suddenly appearing on my model and barbarians version in the development branch that I have not noticed at all through my testing. It not consistent(sometimes it popup and sometimes not and sometimes saving and loading fix it) Just a heads up it might be bug in the dev branch or some error with the new maps. It might be related to the area lighting. I'm looking into it.
  • ArviaArvia Member, Moderator Posts: 2,087
    ShadowM wrote: »
    Chain mail version
    boe6bmxo4nli.jpg

    As a female gamer, I especially like that version. I cringe every time when "armor" exposes more skin than it doesn't. I do know it's fantasy and the guys want something to look at, but it's nice if it's also at least remotely practical.
    It's so hard to find avatar portraits if you want to play a badass female fighter who doesn't wear bikini armor, but doesn't look like a hulk, either.

    Also, it suits Aribeth. She's a serious person with authority, not a waitress in a table dance bar.
    ShadowMDerpCity[Deleted User]themazingness
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    Arvia wrote: »
    ShadowM wrote: »
    Chain mail version
    boe6bmxo4nli.jpg

    As a female gamer, I especially like that version. I cringe every time when "armor" exposes more skin than it doesn't. I do know it's fantasy and the guys want something to look at, but it's nice if it's also at least remotely practical.
    It's so hard to find avatar portraits if you want to play a badass female fighter who doesn't wear bikini armor, but doesn't look like a hulk, either.

    Also, it suits Aribeth. She's a serious person with authority, not a waitress in a table dance bar.

    I agree, that why I went with the final model using the chain.
    Arvia
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    Uploaded v. 2.0 that fixes the clipping issue and some minor shadow issues.
    LINK
    9q9yo0iurc3r.jpg
    JFKZaxaresCalgacus
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 571
    Fallen Aribeth
    w8cd81ny7dvs.jpg
    CalgacusNic_Mercy
Sign In or Register to comment.