Skip to content

Sir Sarles quest issues

Hi all,
Still more issues with quests in the Temple district...

I was given the quest by Talon Yarryl in the Talso temple. I've tried a couple different ways to finish this quest, 3 of them end with Talon Yarryl telling me Talos has no need of my service. only by giving Sarles the real ore will Talos be pleased. Is this supposed to be the only solution now?

1: got both the alloy and the real illithium. Dropped real illithium on the ground (also tried putting it in a chest) when speaking to Sarles. He storms off. Pick up real illithium, go talk to Talon Yarryl. Talos has no need of my service
Global vars:
sarlespissed = 1
sarlespawn = 2
sculptorplot = 3
toldaboutduergar = 1

2: got the alloy, but asked about her source. never went to get it from Neb, went straight to Sarles. Same end result as #1
Global vars:
sarlespissed = 1
sarlespawn = 2
sculptorplot = 3
toldaboutduergar = 1

3: got the alloy, showed it to Sarles, he storms off, Talos has no need of my service.
Global vars:
Sarlespissed = 1
Sarlespawn = 2
Sculptorplot = 3
(no toldaboutduergar entry)

4: get the ore, give it to Sarles, he's happy, return to Yarryl and he rewards me.
Global vars:
Sarlesspawn = 2
Sculptordone = 1
sculptorplot = 6
toldaboutduergar = 1

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i know that the temple of helm does not mind the alloy, but they may be the only case

so if you are doing this quest through the temple of talos i guess the only option for this to continue is giving sarles the real illithium
    ilduderino
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i never play evil so i did not try it, but according to
    https://sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/sir-sarles.php
    Stormherald Nallabir and High Mornmaster Arval behave as High Watcher Oisig.
    it is a pre EE walktrough, but is usually correct, while in some other walktroughs and guides there are some errors.
    you should gain the real illithium to upgrade the mace and loose 10k xp and the helm of glory compared to the honest choice with all the 3 temples.
    if EE did not change the things...
    sarevok57ilduderino
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Yes the Lathander Church will accept the alloy in the EE
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The Lathander church seems ot actually prefer the alloy, with one of the priests saying something about Sarles being overrated if you bring a sculpture from him.
    StummvonBordwehr