Skip to content

Permanent Item Immunity Suite: What's not covered?

billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
So we can have 1 character that can equip

Amulet of Power - Level Drain Immunity
Eventar's Gift - Stunning, Entangle, Hold, etc. Immunity
Ring of Gaxx - Poison, Disease Immunity
Shield of Harmony - Chaos, Charm, Confusion, Dire Charm, Domination, Rigid Thinking Immunity
Cloak of Bravery - Fear, Panic Immunity

Any other immunity permanent items that could fit with a character above?

So I'm not seeing any permanent items in BG2 that grant ability drain, imprisonment, and petrification immunity. Am I right?
Post edited by billbisco on
gorgonzolaJuliusBorisov

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    There are items against Fear, e.g. Kiel's Helmet and Cloak of Bravery.
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    edited October 2019
    @Ammar in bg2ee there is Kiel's helmet? I thought that was bgee only

Edit: I see cloak of bravery late game is available, added.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    as weapons are items... :

LONG SWORDS
    Adjatha the Drinker. Wielder is immune to Charm and Domination spells
    Angurvadal +5. User is immune to Level Drain when equipped.
    Blackrazor. Immunity to Charm and Fear.
    Dragonslayer +2. Immunity to Fear.

BASTARD SWORDS
    Albruin +1. Protection from Poison when wielded.

FLAILS
    Flail of Ages +5 Free action (same immunities as Eventar's Gift if i am not wrong).

KATANAS
    Hindo's Doom +4. Immunity to all forms of Death Magic while equipped.

MACES
    Mace of Disruption +2. Wearer is immune to Level Drain.

SCIMITARS
    Spectral Brand +5. Immunity to level drain.

SHORT SWORDS
    Arbane's Sword +2. Wearer is immune to Hold Person.

SPEARS
    Ixil's Nail +6. Permanent Free Action.
    Spear of the Unicorn +2. Immunity to Charm and Hold Person.

2H SWORDS
    Lilarcor +3. Immunity to Charm and Confusion.
    Psion's Blade +5. Immunity to Confusion and all Psionic attacks.

WAR HAMMERS
    Runehammer +4. Negative Plane Protection (Level Drain).
    Runehammer +5. Negative Plane Protection, Immunity to Fear.
    billbiscoJuliusBorisovDordledumsarevok57
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    billbisco wrote: »
    So I'm not seeing any permanent items in BG2 that grant ability drain, imprisonment, and petrification immunity. Am I right?
    afaik you are right on that.

billbisco
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Helm: The Visage (Immune to fear, feeblemind, confusion, charm, domination, critical hits). Now your cloak and shield slots are free. Available from Dorn's SoA quest, restricted to non-good alignment, must be able to wear helmets.
    Cloak: Cloak of the Lich (Immune to death effects). Available from Neera's ToB quest.

And now, you've got both hands free for any weapon you want.

Immunity to ability drain? Not available in any form. You can provide a buffer by temporarily raising those abilities, but that's it.
    Immunity to imprisonment? Not available from any item; you need an ability like the berserker's Enrage or a spell defense such as Spell Deflection or SI: Abjuration.
    Immunity to petrification? Not available from any item; there's an arcane spell and a protection spell if you really want it. Of course, since the biggest petrification threats are beholders, they'll dispel any buffs you put up. Go for an unbeatable save vs. spell or 100% magic resistance instead.
    gorgonzolamonicoSirBaldurJuliusBorisov
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    Permanent immunity to every disabler/insta-death doesn't seem possible.
    Especially, I think you'll always lack immunity to stun (free action doesn't provide it, but maybe other apparel can have this particular protection), and immunity to imprisonment.

On stun : note that Free Action's behavious differ depending on your install, mods, etc., everyone seems to have its own opinion about that effect. Vanilla behaviour is that you are immune to slow, hold, web, entangle, grease, paralyze and, sadly, haste. It does NOT provide immunity to stun, but cures it (obviously, only the spell can achieve this, since you can't re-equip gear if you are already stunned).

Since Imprisonment allows no saves and bypasses Magic Resistance, the only way to be immune to "everything" is temporary, and I think you need to be either :
    - a berserker under rage, immunity to all disablers/insta-deaths you described above, plus stun and imprisonment. Gear can further the immunities to elemental damage, or dual class to arcane/divine caster for even higher survivability.
    - some kind of arcane caster, with access to Spell Immunity: Abjuration (for Imprisonment), many other spells can make you immune to specific disablers. Requires a lot of meta-knowledge though.

Off course, since only 1 or 2 enemies in the game use the Imprisonment spell (a cheesy spell if you ask me), you don't need to focus your build on this particular spell, same as petrification not being used by many enemies.

Great saves, good MR (monk or mustard jelly form from Polymorph Self or Cloak of the Sewers) are also very good options to resist all those disablers.
    gorgonzolaSirBaldur
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Mazzy's sword gives immunity to stun if you can wield it.
    JuliusBorisovmonico
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    wow, did not know that. It seems it protects against Petrification too, on top of the regular "death" effects.
    Too bad it only lasts 5 rounds, seems a bit short to be reliably useful
    billbiscoDanacm