Skip to content

A wee problem with leveling

MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
I finally started a new game with some selected mods. BG Unfinished Business, Sirene, Isra, Aura, and SCS. Everything seemed to be going great until I recruited Xzar and Montaron. Specifically, they are REALLY ready to level up. I believe SCS resets their level to 0 to allow you to set up NPC companions the way you want, but the level up button never went away. I had Xzar at level 18 before realizing it was getting silly. (that was the point where non-existent, invalid HLAs appeared). Montaron likewise just kept going and going like the freaking Energizer bunny. Interestingly, Imoen leveled up as expected - once.

I'm assuming this is an SCS problem, and since I *just* started, this would be the time to fix the issue. Any ideas?

UPDATE: It gets weirder. I reloaded from a save game and now Xzar levels correctly, but Montaron still doesn't.

Also, since I forgot, this is BGEE 2.5.17.0. I deleted and redownloaded, so this is a fresh install (less the override folder)

UPDATE2: Apparently something is resetting their XP to cause them to continuously level up. I can fix the issue by resetting it myself with the console. I will have to see if the problem crops up when they level naturally.
Post edited by Maurvir on

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    I can confirm that the problem does not appear in the vanilla game or vanilla + unfinished business.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I'm going to uninstall the SCS component that allows you to customize NPCs (by resetting their level to 0). I'm almost positive that's the culprit. I'm going to have to, because the issue is present when characters level up naturally.

Which means going back to Candlekeep. I do think I will export Eilrie, though. Despite her meager spell selection, she's looking solid so far.
  • MilgramMilgram Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem in BG2EE with the SCS mod NPC Customization.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Removing that component fixed it. A shame, as that would have been a nice option - particularly as it would let you customize Imoen's thieving abilities.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Apologies: yes, there are recurrent problems with that component that need to be tracked down. (I'm in the middle of a relocation and have limited time to do so, unfortunately.)