Skip to content

RESOLVED -- Spellhold entrance is locked, i can't get in. *minor spoilers*

SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
For the second time, I seem to be stuck!

I'm standing in front of spellhold building, and the walkthroughs say to simply go in the door to the first level.

But the front door is locked and by those magical ones that can't be picked!

I got here by obtaining perth's wardstone. Actually following that, I also killed galvena and rescued claire.

Was I supposed to do anything else? Sime thought I was ready, and the rest of the walk here went as described in walkthrough (which I only consult when totally stuck like this).

Edit: strangely, it suddenly opened even though locked when I clicked on the door. Though I had tried that before and it didn't work.

I would delete this thread but I can't see how.
Post edited by SirBaldur on

Comments

• TheMadVikingTheMadViking Member Posts: 35
    There are two ways of getting into Spellhold as I recall. You can go to Desharik the pirate captain and convince him that you are insane. Be sure to bring Minsc with you, as you will have a lot of laughs out loud moments.

Else go to Perth the Adept house and get the wardstone for the asylum. I will not say what will happen.
    SirBaldur
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    SirBaldur wrote: »

I'm standing in front of spellhold building, and the walkthroughs say to simply go in the door to the first level.

I got here by obtaining perth's wardstone. Actually following that, I also killed galvena and rescued claire.

Was I supposed to do anything else? Sime thought I was ready, and the rest of the walk here went as described in walkthrough (which I only consult when totally stuck like this).

Edit: strangely, it suddenly opened even though locked when I clicked on the door. Though I had tried that before and it didn't work.

did you talk with the Shadow Thief in the docks map? He is up, just before the exit to Spellhold. I'm not sure but i think you need to talk with him before.
    SirBaldur
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    SirBaldur wrote: »

The door always appear as locked I think, but if you have the wardstone, you can open it (and it dissolves the stone).

Strange that it did not work when you first tried, but the fact that the door appeared as locked is normal behaviour.
    SirBaldur
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    On a similarly buggy note; it’s possible to kill irenicus when he is disguised as the warden and talking about the other inmates (justified in game by his voice being so easily identifiable).
    But every time I do this it breaks the script, once he’s dead... nothing happens. Can’t leave, can’t progress, need to reload from save.
    The mysteries of spellhold truly are beyond the understanding of a mortal mind
    monico
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    On a similarly buggy note; it’s possible to kill irenicus when he is disguised as the warden and talking about the other inmates (justified in game by his voice being so easily identifiable).
    But every time I do this it breaks the script, once he’s dead... nothing happens. Can’t leave, can’t progress, need to reload from save.
    The mysteries of spellhold truly are beyond the understanding of a mortal mind

In a sense, that would be Spellhold working normally. It is an insane asylum, after all.
    ThacoBellmonico
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    edited October 2019
    Maurvir wrote: »
    In a sense, that would be Spellhold working normally. It is an insane asylum, after all.

Damn that Jon Irenicus, he’s meta-meta-meta gamed me at my own game
    monico
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    or maybe it beat the game.
    imoen is rescued, no soul has been stolen, the bad guy is dead and there is no real reason to assume that the party can not find a ship to return to the main land, or if they don't they can surely use the portal to the underground. the player can not do it as the scripts are missing, but RPwise there is no reason to assume that it should not happen.
    that way the game is won and the ToB happenings belong to an alternate reality that actually never happens, as it already never happened before the ToB expansion was added to the original game. the SoA goal is only to recover the 2 stolen souls and to defeat the evil mage, if the stealing is prevented and the mage dies the game is already won.

SirBaldurUnderstandMouseMagic