Skip to content

Lost spell. Bug or mechanic? Playing on Switch.

AurandisAurandis Member Posts: 3
I posted on Reddit first so apologies for any crossover from there. Here's what I posted:

So I'm getting pretty far in my first playthrough of BG1:EE (looooooving it) and I'm not sure if I'm missing something right now.

My main is a dragon discipline sorcerer. Level 6. When I could pick my first level 3 spell I wanted to learn Haste. Turned out awesome so I even put it in my spell quickslot. I had been using it quite a bit.

Well, lately after resting anywhere, I go to use Haste on my quickslot and it keeps saying I have 0 casts of it even though I rested. I then went to my sorcerer's mage spell book and Haste is no longer there, even though it's icon is still on my quickslot.

Did I miss some kind of text that said I got cursed or something? I am currently in Durlag's Tower if that means anything.

Thanks for any help!

Okay, that was the end of the Reddit post. I'm pretty sure it's NOT Level Drain as someone said that Level Drain isn't even in BG1? I also can't do the eekeeper program that was suggested because I'm playing on Switch.

Does this sound like a bug. Will I get my spell back? When I go into my mage book for Level 3 it says I have 0/2 spells memorized and there is no Haste to select. I don't think I have any armor that would make me lost a level 3 spell? Also, I have no bad statuses showing up on my character.

I can't go back to a earlier save either. Last one is a chapter save and I've done at least 10 hours of progress since then.

Regardless of the outcome, I love this game so so much already and will play through handicapped down a spell, but it is bizarre.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    That definitely sounds like a bug. The only way to "lose" a spell is by level drain, and yes, there is no level drain in BG1. I don't know if you will ever get your spell back :(
  • AurandisAurandis Member Posts: 3
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    That definitely sounds like a bug. The only way to "lose" a spell is by level drain, and yes, there is no level drain in BG1. I don't know if you will ever get your spell back :(

? I just submitted an official bug report at least. I'm just hoping that when my character transfers to BG2 that it'll miraculously come back ha.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Aurandis wrote: »
    ThacoBell wrote: »

? I just submitted an official bug report at least. I'm just hoping that when my character transfers to BG2 that it'll miraculously come back ha.

I hope you do, because haste is a very important spell.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    actually, there is only one place in bg1 where you can get level drained and it is durlag's tower

if you fight the succubus she can actually level drain you, although if i do recall, the level drain should go away after you rest

it could be possible that beamdog changed her level drain to be permenant so if so, you will need a level 4 cleric spell lesser restoration to get rid of it
  • AurandisAurandis Member Posts: 3
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    actually, there is only one place in bg1 where you can get level drained and it is durlag's tower

if you fight the succubus she can actually level drain you, although if i do recall, the level drain should go away after you rest

it could be possible that beamdog changed her level drain to be permenant so if so, you will need a level 4 cleric spell lesser restoration to get rid of it

Hmm, I will have to try a restoration spell. I did fight the succubus, though I think I had the problem before her. Maybe not though!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Aurandis wrote: »
    sarevok57 wrote: »

Hmm, I will have to try a restoration spell. I did fight the succubus, though I think I had the problem before her. Maybe not though!

Check your character sheet. There should be an icon saying "Level Drain" by its side.