Skip to content

Trying to EEKeeper Swashbuckler/Mage Multiclass - not working

Hi,

I am trying to give myself the swashbuckler kit with my thief/mage. When I do so with EEKeeper, it says I am a swashbuckler and says I am a mage, but it won't let me put 2 prof pips into my swash skills, as it is supposed to, and it isn't adjusting my Thac0 accordingly (I have rogue rebalancing installed which gives me a fighter thac0 progression).

So as far as I can tell, all it's doing is saying I'm a swash/mage without actually giving me the kit benefits.

Any ideas how I can fix this without manually changing everything whenever I level?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Did you set your class level to 0 ?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    To be fair, it's not giving you the drawback, either; it's not removing backstabs. And I'm pretty sure you do get the combat bonuses as you level.

You might be able to "fix" this if if you created a proper multiclass kit so that you could select swashbuckler/mage at character creation. Other than that, nope. Some features of the kit don't work properly if inserted into part of a multiclass or as the second half of a dual-class.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the thing with ee keeper, is that if you switch a normal thief class over to a class kit, it will not give you all the abilities and skills associated with it

ee keeper "hard" edits things, ( aka making things that shouldn't happen by "forcing it" ) but when it does so, it doesnt retroactively give you the rest of the benefits

for example; if you have a level 40 thief, and switch it over to swashbuckler using ee keeper, you will now gain abilities from here on in on level ups, but it will not give you the +8 to hit/to damage or the +9 bonus to AC, you have to place those in yourself

so you would have to manually insert those yourself via the "effects" tab i believe

it would actually almost be easier, to start off as a single class swashbuckler and then use ee keeper to change your class to thief/mage and make sure to keep swashbuckler as your kit

and then as soon as your mage class grows up a level, the game will automatically fix your saving throws/spells per day afterwards
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    I think the closest you can get to the result you want, without creating new content, is to roll a singleclass Swashbuckler, then edit in EE to multicass thief/mage and retain the swashbuckler at lvl 1, but make sure the mage class is 0 so you get it to start up correctly.

In my experience this is the only way to get kits working correctly in a multiclass.
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    it would actually almost be easier, to start off as a single class swashbuckler and then use ee keeper to change your class to thief/mage and make sure to keep swashbuckler as your kit
    Khyron wrote: »
    I think the closest you can get to the result you want, without creating new content, is to roll a singleclass Swashbuckler, then edit in EE to multicass thief/mage and retain the swashbuckler at lvl 1, but make sure the mage class is 0 so you get it to start up correctly.

Agree with the above, start as a Swashbuckler and add the multiclass in EEKeeper afterwards.