Skip to content

Kits all showing as 'invalid'

CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
edited October 2019 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi smart folks, I just reinstalled BG2EE yesterday (from Beamdog) and installed a bunch of mods, including kits. I just looked when I opened the game, and all the kits outside the basic kits, are showing as 'invalid.'

They insalled just fine, so I didn't recognize there was a problem till I started wanting to play. CT
Post edited by CharlestonianTemplar on

Comments

• Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Sounds like it might be a dialog.tlk problem, did you do the install manually? On your PC?
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited October 2019
    Mantis37 wrote: »
    Sounds like it might be a dialog.tlk problem, did you do the install manually? On your PC?

Thanks @Mantis37

Yes, installed a fresh download of BG2EE from Beamdog yesterday and then started dropping in kits. Before I started to do SCS, I checked for the Deities of Faerun cleric kits and they had the ''invalid' - like 25 kits. So then I checked some of the thief and bard kits I installed from Song & Silence and it was the same. Is there a way to troubleshoot the dialogue.tlk problem?
    Post edited by CharlestonianTemplar on
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited October 2019
    You probably installed to a different game language than the one you are playing. In your game folder, what language is listed inside the weidu.conf? If it is a different one than you want to play the game in, deinstall the mods, delete the weidu.conf, and reinstall the mods again. When installing the first mod, you will be prompted to chose the wanted game language. (This is the language the mods will be installed to, you can still chose and play a different one but then the mod content will show as "invalid").

• jastey wrote: »
    You probably installed to a different game language than the one you are playing. In your game folder, what language is listed inside the weidu.conf? If it is a different one than you want to play the game in, deinstall the mods, delete the weidu.conf, and reinstall the mods again. When installing the first mod, you will be prompted to chose the wanted game language. (This is the language the mods will be installed to, you can still chose and play a different one but then the mod content will show as "invalid").

I will just start fresh - it would take less time. I always install mods using, '0' English. I'm not too adept at going any deeper than installing the NPCs, mods, kits I like. I've never had this particular issue. I was hoping there was a quick fix - it takes me hours to reconfigure my game so I've lost a lot of time already - which is why I do it so rarely. I wish I were more knowledgeable about these things. Dern.
  • wukewuke Member Posts: 113
    last time I did a clean setup, got a bunch of invalids then found out when setting language for weidu 0 is actually German. Very easy to overlook.
    edited October 2019
    wuke wrote: »
    last time I did a clean setup, got a bunch of invalids then found out when setting language for weidu 0 is actually German. Very easy to overlook.

What folder do I go to to check my game language? I mean, I know to go to my Beamdog Library/00783, but where in there?

And, once I find out, can I edit it so that I don't have to go back and spend 12 more hours installing mods?
    edited October 2019
    Like @jastey said, look for weidu.conf, it should be in the base folder where you find baldur.exe.
    Nope wrong dialogues have already been add to the game and editing it only works for future installs.
  • So I wiped it clean and reinstalled.

This is what I have in the 00783. Inside the 'lang' folder should there only be English if that is what I am choosing for each mod?

owf4bd2yvnv0.png
    wl3mgr90abw3.png

Thanks for the help.
    After reinstall and before you install any weidu mods, weidu.conf doesn't exist. Don't mind the lang folder. Now you only need to install the mods again and make sure you choose the right language when installing the first mod.
    edited October 2019
    wuke wrote: »
    After reinstall and before you install any weidu mods, weidu.conf doesn't exist. Don't mind the lang folder. Now you only need to install the mods again and make sure you choose the right language when installing the first mod.

I went in and did that. I installed Song & Silence first because it has kits in it (usually I drop in NPCs first). Anyway, I got this error.

dbq23daz4jbd.png

9egv30cz903e.png

Why am I such an idiot?
    I believe you wouldn't have installed the mod with the game still running...so idk really
  • wuke wrote: »
    I believe you wouldn't have installed the mod with the game still running...so idk really

No, actually I am that dumb. I unwittingly left it running and didn't even realize it. Thanks for all your help and patience today. I just installed S&S and the kits are visible. CT