Skip to content

TobEx: 02

DanBoulosDanBoulos Member Posts: 146
edited July 2012 in Fixed
Current Behaviour:

In the standard attack action, for X/2 attacks, the 1/2 attack uses rand(2) per round to determine whether the extra 1/2 attack takes place.

Expected Behaviour:

In the standard attack action, for X/2 attacks, the 1/2 attack occurs every second round.

Revision:

add counter for our half swing attack calcs
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    Confirmed using Minsc with 1 1/2 attacks per round
  • IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 368
    To add to Cadros's post, I can confirm fixed, too.

First, I tested the default ToB engine behaviour in a new Tutu game. Used a STR 18/00 fighter with two pips in Quarterstaff for a total of 3/2 APR. Spawned in a special custom-made monster-gibberling (500hp) to test the APR, and counted the number of hit rolls made after 1 minute of combat. Theoretically, 1 minute (10 rounds) should yield 15 attacks. Results:
    Test No.    1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8*   9    10    11    12
    Rolls 12 15 12 12 11 14 12 13 14 13 12 12
    * At this point, I removed the gibberling's scripts (i.e., so it would stop fighting back) to see if it that had any effect. Not the most water-tight testing procedure, but oh well.

As you can see, the number of rolls made is pretty erratic. Theoretically, since the engine grants the 1/2 attack randomly each round, you'd think there'd be some high roll numbers, too, but it seems the game's RNG is pretty stingy. Or I could just be unlucky. *Shrug*

Same testing procedure for BGEE, except in this case the gibberling was script-less for all tests:
    Test No.    1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10
    Rolls 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14
    In all tests, the 15th attack was made ~1 sec later (probably accounting for initial orientation and speed factor). All tests were consistent. And superbly boring.

So there you have it. :)