Skip to content

Enjoying the Expansions

I've been having a blast playing SoU and I cant wait for HotU. When I first got to the Netherese Catacombs ir whatever its called with the Formians and Slaadi I thought Damn this is Awesome! The ambient tracks and music really set it all off. Theres only a few games that when everything comes together its so sublime and really pulls you in. I was just wondering are there any fan made modules that are Forgotten Realms Lored-based that are on the same level as SoU and I assume HotU (havent played yet)?

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    There certainly are fan-made modules that compare favourably - see guide to finding the best:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1309774090

I wouldn't get too stressed about whether the lore is FR or not, as there's great fun to be had in any of the top-rated offerings.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Yep, the Top-Rated mods are all top-rated for a reason. :) In some cases they may not be exactly to your tastes (like, despite loving Stefan Gagne's Eternum series, I just couldn't get into his HeX Coda series), but they're always impressive either on a story, atmosphere or scripting level.
  • MeandreMeandre Member Posts: 38
    The premium module "Darkness over Daggerford" is also set in the Realms and - without spoiling anything - features some of the prominent organizations of that setting.
    As far as I can tell as someone not very versed in Realms lore, it doesn't explicitly dive into the same aspects of the setting as SoU, i.e. Netheril and other "ancient empires".
    Still a very, very good module IMHO. :smile:
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 331
    @Proleric Thats great right there! I tried to go to NWvault before and it was a bit of a mess trying to find the best or most popular modules so thanks for the link. Just started HotU and boy its pretty good!