Skip to content

How to properly search for things in Near Infinity?

I'm kind of a novice with this, poking around in the game's scripts and such.

I'm looking for a way to quickly find every instance in Baldur's Gate 1 that a quest time limit is set. Or, if it would be more useful, every instance that a time limit is exceeded and there are consequences.

Some examples:
MINSC.DLG, Action 1, SetGlobalTimer("Minsc","GLOBAL",TEN_DAYS) (time limit to rescue Dynaheir)
ALATOS.DLG, Action 4, SetGlobalTimer("AlatosTenDayTimer","GLOBAL",TEN_DAYS) (time limit to steal some items for him)

While messing around I also found how characters check for their charmed status and sometimes have unique dialogue based on that, for example:

FARMBR.DLG, State 13, "I'm just a simple farmer, I don't know much." Trigger index 0, where State trigger 0 is StateCheck(Myself,STATE_CHARMED)

I'd like to know how to do a mass search for these sorts of things so I could look through them. When I try to search now for SetGlobalTimer across all DLG files, it seems to find thousands of references, which leads me to believe I'm searching wrong.

Comments

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Member Posts: 100
    And just as I ask this, I may have found it...looks like Search -> Text Search -> DLG. Nevermind. :p
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Just an FYI - this is one of the NWN subforums.
    The Baldur's Gate / Infinity Engine subforum for this would be here.

To find all timers, you will also need to perform a similar search through BCS files.
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Member Posts: 100
    Oh I'm sorry about that, it looked like a general scripting forum here, I didn't drill back enough! Whoops.