Skip to content

Any new EEs on the way?

Hello everyone, has Beamdog said whether or not it plans to make any future EEs? Seems like they must know at this point whether they are going to buy the rights to "enhance" games like Temple of Elemental Evil, Fallout, Arcanum, etc or whether they are now putting their EE days behind them. Hoping for the former but guessing the latter.

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    AFAIK, Beamdog already stated that will no longer make EEs.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I really wish they could use the already ported and working great IE engine and make a whole new campaign/game NOT tied to Baldur's Gate. It wouldn't be an EE, but I imagine there are still a lot of folks who would love an isometric RPG like the series. Having played SoD, it would be a shame if that were the end of the road for such an amazing piece of software.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited November 2019
    Beamdog wouldn't need to use the IE to make an isometric rpg. It would probably be even easier to use a different engine, sine the IE is so restrictive and buggy. The whole thing is basically held together with string and prayers.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Icewind Dale II, that i would be happy to pay 100 $ if well done; that game has so much potential that i think it's criminal it wasn't enhanced yet... too bad the source code is lost.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Beamdong

CummingSoon™
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Dev6 wrote: »
    Beamdong

CummingSoon™

Great, now I am fearful of a white Christmas...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Dev6 wrote: »
    Beamdong

CummingSoon™

Great, now I am fearful of a white Christmas...

Oh dear. What have I done? :#