Skip to content

Which sound file does Entangle spell use?

fantasmafantasma Member Posts: 35
edited April 2016 in General Modding
Hiy'all. I felt Entangle's sound effect is obnoxious and wanted to replace it with much quieter Web's sound effect, or a blank sound file.
I opened up SPPR105.SPL with Near Infinity, at it's using CRE_P01.WAV and EFF_M22A.WAV files, and its projectile (ENTANG2.PRO) is using TRA_34.WAV and EFF_P27.WAV
I tried masking all four of them by making a blank wav files and respectively renaming and placing them in override folder to no avail.
Can anyone point me out which sound effect file I should replace?

Edit: After further tinkering, I discovered changing explosion effect under area effect info in entang2.pro from entangle to something else (like web) seems the only way to change sound effect at the moment.
although this replaces visible effect of entangle to web as well.
Post edited by fantasma on

Comments

• fantasmafantasma Member Posts: 35
    Tarak said:

It also took me a while to browse through wav files until I found the Entangle area sound. Try my replacement for the override folder or rename whatever else you like to: ARE_P01.WAV

Thank you, not only this replaces original annoyingly loud and hideous sound effect, the file you provided actually sounds better and entangl-ish!
  • HoochHooch Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone managed to find out which files grease uses? I found a number of them in ARE_ and overrode them, works fine for entangle but not grease.

This sound effect is a shocker
    tl1942
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    Tarak wrote: »
    It also took me a while to browse through wav files until I found the Entangle area sound. Try my replacement for the override folder or rename whatever else you like to: ARE_P01.WAV

Thank you so much for this sound file over ride. It is 100 x better than the original sound :)

I can actually use the entangle spell now and not get a headache lol.
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    Tarak wrote: »

@Tarak Four years later, but if you're out there somewhere...one more person thanks you! This is *PERFECT*.