Skip to content

An omen and moira evil charnames

Why would any evil charname actually choose vengeance?

I'm struggling to find a reasonable justification for a character to actually go evil path in anomen personal quest. What I mean is:

- you got no proof about who killed moira
- the father is not trustworthy
- authorities cooperate with you without seeming to hide any details

Why would an evil character given these premises actually go vengeance route? Add on top of this that you can enter dark estate independently from the quest so a robbery justification is not that good

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited November 2019
    To make Anomen Chaotic Neutral, insane and actually bearable instead of that insufferable Lawful Good knightly holier-than-thou aberration? That reasoning works for me every time. There's just something entertaining about utterly corrupting wanna-be paladins. Especially if you are currently romancing them. :smirk:

Protip: Evil-aligned characters have no need for justifying their actions. Not even Lawful Evil ones. That's one of the ethic dilemmas only good-alinged folks suffer from.
    Blackraven
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    I always figure that an evil charname understands what the consequences will be for the vengeance path and chooses it because they want Anomen to fail. So they can knock him down a few hundred pegs by crushing his precious knight dreams.
    Blackraven
  • ReticentReticent Member Posts: 122
    I don't remember the exact dialogue options, but I think of it as a less morally rigid sort just honestly telling Anomen what they would do if they were in the same situation.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Thinking about anomen failing is mostly a player standpoint. Also I don't think that charnames can know that going vengeance route will make anomen fail
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I disagree that this can't be roleplayed as charname's point of view. It's actually a pretty widespread moral concept that following ones own raw emotion of the moment leads to ruin. Even in the Forgotten Realms. Bioware basically channeled their inner jedi with this whole quest. Going through with vengeance and staying true to emotions is what any sith would have done in Anomen's case.
    BlackravenSkatan
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Vengeance is the path of action and anomen seems to want action. Might as well humour him. It is not like my charname is strictly lawful or good of even both. It is yet another quest in my wake.
    Blackraven
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    An evil charname might not know that Anomen will fail in becoming a knight specifically, no. But they could manipulate him while he's in emotional distress into doing something that is contrary to what he has been taught in that order he keeps boasting about. You are after all directly or indirectly encouraging him to go murder a bunch of people, guilty or not.

Even if Charname wouldn't know the exact consequences, they can probably tell this will come back to bite Anomen in the ass sooner or later.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Without the benefit of hindsight, it actually seems like the natural course of action for any impulsive charname regardless of moral alignment. After all, you are on a quest for vengeance yourself, you have experienced how little Athkatlan notions of justice are worth and Anomen does not go in intending to kill Surayah but her allegedly guilty father.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    The thing is - any sane character would know that going into the estate of a powerful merchant to kill everybody would be 101% the doom of any party. The fact that you don't face any consequence is just a limitation of BG