Skip to content

A few bugs

I've had a few bugs with the game. My specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 10
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k @3.50GHz
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX660
System RAM: 16.0 GB
Version:2.5.17.0

First, it doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes (about 50% recently), whenever I mouse over where the task bar is and click there, the game would minimize as if I alt-tabbed out. As is the taskbar was "always on top" (but from what I can tell, that's not a setting in Win 10, or atleast with my taskbar). This bug is just annoying and probably on my end, as it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

The more serious (and the ones that are actually hindering my game) bugs are very similar. I can not complete either Edwin's or Kagain's quests. I bring Kagain to the caravan, and nothing happens. Edwin is a bit better. He actually tries to talk to me after I kill Dynaheir, but it's like his conversation is missing a script or something.

The save I'm uploading only has Kagain (at the destroyed caravan). The other save has been edited with EEKeeper (a little, and also used the ctrl+shift+8 to get max stats as well). The only mod I'm running is the CDTweaks mod (not sure what parts are active, though). I know I have make Cloakwood available before Bandit Camp, Reveal City Maps, Stores Sell Larger Stacks of Items, and Wear Multiple Protection Items. There are probably others, because it has been a while since I've installed them (over 2 years).

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    when you start experiencing bugs when mods are installed ( no matter how little ), its usually 99.9999% the mods fault in why you are having the issue

the kagain and edwin issue is probably more than likely a mod related issue

one thing you can try is uninstall you mods and see if you game acts properly

or

you can do a clean install and try reinstalling your mods

now with the mouse thing, im not sure if that is a mod doing that, although i do know that windows 10 had a whacky update that screwed up a lot of mice and made them annoying to use ( it made my newer mouse double click ALL THE TIME when i only clicked once ) if you can, try changing your mouse and see if that helps with the taskbar problem
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Try Alt-Tab a few times, not once - Windows notifications don't go away easily.