Skip to content

SoA Game Crash Question

CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
edited November 2019 in Troubleshooting
Hi all,

I was doing Neera's side quest that leads to a battle w/ Red Wizard's in Waukeen's Promenade. Everything was going fine but the game crashed.

If I try to go back and open that save, it crashes again. If I go back to an earlier save, the game opens right up.

This is the crash report. Any idea? Is there something I can do? I don't really wanna go back to the last save that works, but if I have to, at least it's there. Thanks, CT

3u3o5yn941ag.png

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    Hi @CharlestonianTemplar,

Could you please zip and upload that crash dump here, (the one whose path is displayed in the rightmost panel of your screenshot)? It also wouldn't hurt to upload the broken save, (and your WeiDU.log, if you're using mods), to see if we can't reproduce the crash.

Honestly, once a save starts crashing most likely it got corrupted somehow; it might be possible to fix it using a savegame editor, but every case is different.
  • Bubb wrote: »
    Hi @CharlestonianTemplar,

Could you please zip and upload that crash dump here, (the one whose path is displayed in the rightmost panel of your screenshot)?

Hi. Thanks. I'm not too good at that kinda digging. I found the dmp but don't know how to up open it or do anything w/ it - what program to associate it with even.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Possibly a mod conflict? Can you zip and attach your save so that we could check if it's crashing for us as well.
    Bubb