Skip to content

receiving more XP than i should?

its been awhile since i've played NWN EE, so i was thinking about giving it another go

and for some reason im getting a little bit more XP from battles than i remember getting

usually when i finish the prelude and talk with fenthick and the other holmes and get leveled up to 3, i usually need 1400+ but this time i only needed 500+

im now in chapter 1 and i realized that baddies are giving me more than i remember

is this a feature that was implemented during one of the hotfixes/patches? i see no options in the game options menu to support this feature

the only noticeable difference between this game and others that i have played is that, usually at level 1 i would start off being a fighter or paladin or barbarian, but this game through i started as a bard, do bards get more XP for some reason?

so im just curious as to what happened

Comments

• Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Yes, Bards have a better ECL (Effective Character Level) at earlier levels because they are considered to be "harder" to level up early on. They receive a CR bonus (Challenge Rating) for xp gained through monster kills. This eventually evens out around level 12 or so, but thus making Bards quicker to level up in the hands of expert Bard player.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ah................ most interesting make sense
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    edited December 2019
    Did you rush to the guy who gives you LVL 2 for free? I did that one time years ago as I was playing a very weak starting character and to my surprise every enemy gave more XP per kill on LVL 2 for some reason, I've done it many times since with different characters and it works everytime.
    Run to the guy than LVL, take out the Goblin's & Skeleton's who follow than go back.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i believe Grizzled_Dwarflord was right, i was gaining huge XP for the large portion of the game, i think its when i finally dualed over to weapon master did my XP get closer to normal

although i did hit level 19 that game i believe, so that was a pretty goood run
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    Last time I played LVL 17 is usually all I get but before EE I use to modify the OC to beef up all the enemies with 2 Lvls and at least basic equipment, better spells and varied classes in gangs so they actually do more than melee and try to support each other with spells and such, for some reason I can't replace the campaign modules anymore ?.