Skip to content

Isles Of Adalar

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
https://youtu.be/-vkQ-hyCoXA

Anyone else here is incredibly hyped about this upcoming indie game called Isles Of Adalar? While the game won't be released until June 2020, the devs kindly uploaded a meaty 3.8GB public demo on steam. Yes, that one works with Steam Play! And daaamn do I dig its aesthetics: it's as if Morrowind and Kingdoms of Amalur had a love child! XD

Currently people can play as humans, some apefolk, dog-like beastmen and... a tentacle headed race that look awfully similar to Star Wars' Twi`lek? The demo alone also boasts of 7 playable classes to choose from: Arcanist, Cryomancer, Electromancer, Pyromancer, Knight, Ranger and the Warrior. However the most intruiging feature of this 1st/3rd person action fantasy RPG is the Level Editior. That's right: this indie game has full modding support from the get-go! To my reckoning this gotta be pretty much the first demo I played that also comes with a fully functioning toolset. :)

That's one game totally on my wishlist!

Comments

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2019
    Pretty funny that Adalar just means islands and it's generally understood to indicate a little group of holiday home islands here just off the coast from Istanbul? :)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Wouldn't be the first game we saw with a turkish word in it. Storm of Zehir, anyone? ;)
    But the doublemeaning of this one is indeed entertaining. On a similar note it seems the devs have called their dogfolk “Hund“. Which is just the German word for dog. Looks like that's their sense of humour.

Also, I played some more with the demo. Dialogues are for one not fully voiced and I am hard pressed to think of another game with as many attribues or skills as this one. It even topped Daggerfall with the sheer amount of stuff. The demo itself is rather hardware demanding even on higher rigs. So folks with potatoes might want to play in the 8GB RAM campaign instead of the 16GB one.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited November 2019
    https://youtu.be/6uhNyZgo6-Q

Looks like the indie studio Peakway Software finally launched their indiegogo campaign. The three people team ask for $275.000 in order to flesh out their game with more music tracks, additional voice actors and to enlarge their rather tiny team with more staff. If you haven't done so already, feel free to check out the public demo. It has been recently updated to support both local co-op and online co-op as well, if that 's your jam.

For folks wanting DRM free copies: the devs wish to get their game on GOG in the future as well.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    OH, my god.

I tried the demo. I'm so relieved my pledge didn't go through, it's shitty it's unbelievable.

Controls, optimization, wonky wonky wonky

Character costumization is probably what is so Morrowind about it, but no

Settings, it's too dark for me, even with lamp constantly lit, creatures, cave, literary too gross for me

I haven't played much, just fought the first enemy, but my, horrible.

I guess I would never like Morrowind kind of game, I barely like Skyrim.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Just to be clear, some setting makes me uncomfortable.
    Slimes for DQXI - I played it a bit and before that I bought it and I got motion sickness because animation of creatures was instant gross.