Skip to content

Stat boosts through tomes, etc.

Are there any such permament boosts like the tomes in BG?

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Not that I'm aware of, although some particular modules may have created custom items that can perform such functions.

Alternatively, if you're playing on PC you can activate the Console and use the various DM commands to adjust your stats. More information available here: https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Console_command
  • VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
    Well, I'm not interested in editing characters, seeing that the number of feats to boost stats and level-up increments are somewhat abundant. I was merely curious.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    I can't actually recall anything like that either in NwN. Not in the campaigns at least.. There might be something in the Premium modules though, but nothing I can recall.
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    Verticor wrote: »
    Are there any such permament boosts like the tomes in BG?

I don't believe such a thing exists in NWN since it would invalidate characters when the game is set to enforce "legal" characters. That isn't to say a modder couldn't make a consumable item that does just that with an on use script but it would be necessary to disable enforcement of legal characters. For single player modules that not a big deal but on persistent worlds that probably won't fly unless a specific world has a custom system in place to enforce their version of "legal" characters.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you take 10 levels of dragon disciple you get a +8 to STR, +2 to CON/INT/CHA and those are permanent stat gains

fits any melee character quite well actually
    Gusinda
  • VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
    Doesn't exactly qualify as finding a tome. Especially for people, who play something else.