Skip to content

Siege on Switch - all party members default after first dungeon. Gear lost, incredibly frustrating.

I don't know if this is a bug or what.

When you first start Siege of Dragonspear you can import your BG1 save and enter the starting dungeon with your existing party and all their gear. The party I imported was me, Minsc, Dynaheir, Viconia, Safana, and Neera. I was already using some of these characters, but others I took a little time to level up and gear up in BG1 because I read they'd be usable party members in Siege of Dragonspear.

After being really thorough in the dungeon and exploring every bit of it, doing all the quests, then doing the same in the Ducal Palace, talking to everyone and questing and such, I finally went to recruit some party members. And...they're all reset to some kind of default. Safana has a normal scimitar instead of Icingdeath, normal armor instead of Shadow Armor +3, no Legacy of the Masters or Algernon's Cloak. Dynaheir doesn't have Arla's Dragonbane +3 sling or Robe of the Good Archmagi, and is also missing three-quarters of her spells (I taught her everything). Minsc isn't dual wielding awesome maces Krotan's Skillcrusher +2 and The Stupefier +1, doesn't have Paws of the Cheetah or Ankheg Plate Mail. I expect Viconia to lose the Big-Fisted Belt and Ashideena+2...

Fortunately none of the items that would import to BG2 are on any of them, but it is incredibly frustrating to successfully import everyone and start playing with the assumption it's going to continue that way, and even dump all their inventories to the shared chest but NOT their gear, and then all their gear is just gone. Why even import the characters directly across if they're not going to stay that way?

I guess I need to start the game over again, and this time before leaving the dungeon put their entire gear collection into their inventory, dropping a bunch of the items I got from the dungeon. But I really don't feel like doing all that again. Kind of lost any motivation to play this game at the moment.
StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov

Comments

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Member Posts: 100
    edited November 2019
    Ok so if I want to try to save some inventory space and make room to de-equip everyone at the end of the dungeon...it looks like if I import to Siege without Imoen in my party, it doesn't import her at all (none of her items in her chest). However if I import WITH Imoen in my party, and also have Safana out of the party but loaded up with all her gear ready to go, it WILL import her, and swap her in, and also Imoen's inventory will also go into her chest.

Why this needs to be so convoluted I have no idea. All characters appearing in the first game should appear in the next at the level they were at, with the spells and proficiencies they had, carrying all the gear they had. If they're under level 7ish, give them enough XP for a boost at least to 7ish in order to scale up to the new content, but leave everything else about them untouched.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Hi @UncleSporky
    There is a somewhat similar bug on iOS.

There is a small work around for Safana, Minsc and Dynaheir.

If you import your game with them, and don’t reload the game before you pick them up (use story mode to cruise through the dungeon), they should be with their gear, stats and all. You could try it at least.

I guess Baeloth, Viconia and Edwin are within reach as well. The rest are well beyond reach.

You should report the bug, and hopefully they will provide a solution in the 2.6 version
    JuliusBorisov